What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

tahu

It sounds as though the bloke has heaps of issues.
I agree that we should release him immediately but a few people on here could be a bit more sympathetic.

DeanPay98

Juniors
Why don't we just pay him less and keep him on the books? That has to be better than playing a 17 year old or a second rower/lock in the centers? At least, lets not shut a door before we've found another concrete option. At this rate we're giving every other team in the comp a head start of about $1 million (our current cap space plus 250K for Tahu).

Eels Dude

Coach
Why don't we just pay him less and keep him on the books? That has to be better than playing a 17 year old or a second rower/lock in the centers? At least, lets not shut a door before we've found another concrete option. At this rate we're giving every other team in the comp a head start of about $1 million (our current cap space plus 250K for Tahu).

It's the principle too remember. You cannot keep a guy on the books if he's not willing to train with the rest of the team. It's a disruption and ruins team harmony. It's best if the club just agrees to release him and if circumstances change in the future THEN consider offering a limited contract.

Utey

Coach
Apparently to be released today but Ozzy is saying we might not cut ties yet and sit down with him again in Feb?

IFR33K

Coach
Apparently to be released today but Ozzy is saying we might not cut ties yet and sit down with him again in Feb?

Ozzie is better off giving tahu the keys to parra stadium, the leagues club and let him run the show. WTF is he thinking. Cut ties with him you fool.

parra pete

Referee

Good idea...most sensible idea I've heard from Osborne since he has been CEO.
Make no mistake, with his mind on the job, Timana Tahu is a BLOODY good player and an asset to any team...

Kornstar

Coach
As I said earlier, if SK picks him Round 1 next year after missing the whole off-season then I will trust his judgement and assume he has made the decision because he the best for the job!

Hopefully T can get his head straight for his sake, who cares about footy!

bildo

Juniors
Ozzie is better off giving tahu the keys to parra stadium, the leagues club and let him run the show. WTF is he thinking. Cut ties with him you fool.

Ozzie is most likely being diplomatic and just trying to ease him out, with as little fuss as possible. If we can get him to leave without claiming he is being victimized or some such other 'poor me' bullsh*t, it might save a lot of soapy type dramas and dollars. I reckon he has made himself unemployable as a NRL player.

Gronk

Staff member
Ozzie is most likely being diplomatic and just trying to ease him out, with as little fuss as possible. If we can get him to leave without claiming he is being victimized or some such other 'poor me' bullsh*t, it might save a lot of soapy type dramas and dollars. I reckon he has made himself unemployable as a NRL player.

Agree. Leaving the door open for talks in Feb certainly avoids talk about his "sacking" in the press.

As for being unemployable, I would have thought that both Carney and Monaghan were exactly that.