What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'11 | Origin II | Wed 15 Jun | NSW 18-8 QLD | ANZ #origin

SOO2: NSW v QLD

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ladmate

Bench
On players I weren't impressed with were Ennis (too ill-disciplined) and Merrin (just not good enough)

Agree. They won't drop them though (even though they should, TLL and Farah spent time with the team and can replace them instantly).

no name

Coach
Does Jamie Soward have the balls to take the line on?

Sure does.

I was one of the biggest critics of Soward and Creagh, but tonight they have proven themselves as Origin players.
Gidley made a big difference when he was on. Ennis did his best to throw another Origin away.

Red Bear

Referee
YEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSS!!!

****ing Fantastic performance from NSW this evening, really good the whole game. Every one played very well (although Merrin didnt have much game time, and Ennis is f**king stupid). Everyone did their job. Pearce was very very good I thought, not just in his involvement in two tries but his defence was outstanding. Soward got better as the match went on, Hayne was quiet but did his job, Hoppa very good pre-injury. I love the way Uate plays as well, charges at the line, makes a heap of ground and unfortunate not to get a try tonight.

For all the Gas criticism people seem to be having, he was supurb defensively, did a mountain of work. 23 tackles for a centre is very good, got near space a couple of times.

Gallen: 28 runs 234 metres 32 tackles (1 missed) 3 offloads!!! Magnificent performance. Him being captain has also cut out alot of the stupidity of his play, the dumb penalties etc.

Kidley off the bench was excellent, really got us going from dummy half. Ennis was serviceable but **** he's a moron, giving penalties away like he did with taking out Slater.

Entire pack worked well. Though Scott was very good especially first half. Lewis was really good when he came on, that tackle on cronk was mint. Creagh was better than previous performances also.

Special mention to Minichello, who was one of my favourites at his peak. I doubted his ability in to go into this sort of game but he was really good, safe as houses at the back, ran the ball all night and scored the match sealer.

Bring on game three!

Spot On

Coach
I hope Gidley's performance was enough for Bennett to have him in the hooking role and not in the halves next year.

I would normally call Gallen a meat axe.

Tonight he was a jagged ass chainsaw that had been recently serviced.

Mean.

You Queerslanders will bleed when Lockyer gets sent off a loser at Suncorp.

It's going to be sweet.

IanG

Coach
Man what a game and what a night. Losing my Origin Virginity. Was it the Blatchy's Blues section. I have no voice left.

Ron's_Mate

Bench
Great game, really enjoyed it. Blues were very good, finally got a solid team together. Uate looks very dangerous - i can see him scoring a lot of Slater type tries over the next several years. Speaking of Billy, I noticed the grubby little cat didn't miss Minichello with a shoulder on the ground when Mini scored his try. The other major grub is ennis - the Blues really got rolling once he was hooked in the first half. He has been the dumbest player in both origins this year.
Gallen was awesome, it's great that he got the grubbiness out of his game. He's like an old '80s style forward with the fitness of the modern era. Definitely the Blues did well to not play King & no-neck Morris. The toads will be under pressure leading up to game 3, I'm sure they'll be tempted to drop some of their under-performers eg Inglis.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
I wonder if Ricky Stuart will be given any credit?

He's been hammered from all angles over his tactics coming into this game and they all seemed to pay off.

Great game, really enjoyed it. Blues were very good, finally got a solid team together. Uate looks very dangerous - i can see him scoring a lot of Slater type tries over the next several years. Speaking of Billy, I noticed the grubby little cat didn't miss Minichello with a shoulder on the ground when Mini scored his try. The other major grub is ennis - the Blues really got rolling once he was hooked in the first half. He has been the dumbest player in both origins this year.
Gallen was awesome, it's great that he got the grubbiness out of his game. He's like an old '80s style forward with the fitness of the modern era. Definitely the Blues did well to not play King & no-neck Morris. The toads will be under pressure leading up to game 3, I'm sure they'll be tempted to drop some of their under-performers eg Inglis.

Who do you think QLD will drop Inglis for?

Red Bear

Referee
I wonder if Ricky Stuart will be given any credit?

He's been hammered from all angles over his tactics coming into this game and they all seemed to pay off.
I still think TLL deserves a spot in the side (probably ahead of Merrin really) and I think Farah>Ennis. But He's done a good job in getting a side to really work hard for each other and it paid off in spades tonight

BranVan3000

Coach
I still think TLL deserves a spot in the side (probably ahead of Merrin really) and I think Farah>Ennis. But He's done a good job in getting a side to really work hard for each other and it paid off in spades tonight

Farah and TLL are soft c**ks

Spot On

Coach
Farah and Ennis. Six of one, half a dozen of the other. Both have a habit of doing stupid, selfish things at critical times in the game.

AB129*

Juniors
It's the best for mine. Absolute freak. If Matt Scott was brilliant in game 1 then what was Gallen tonight. An all time great performance. 80 mins. f**king incredible.

The thing is... Gallen does that every week for the Sharks. 200m+ is not unusual at all.

If only he didn't try and play 5/8 on top of that then we might win some more games.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
NSW should essentially keep what they've got for Game III barring injury. If Hoppa's hammy is long-term, bring back Jennings possibly, or Josh Morris if he shows some form. Only other possible change would be Merrin out, TLL or Tolman in on the bench.

QLD... well Taylor will make way for Shillington, surely. Inglis if injured will make way for either Tonga if he's available or maybe a reshuffle with Barba debuting?