What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ben Roberts

we need to get brian smith back to talk about us "asking questions of the opposition" - he was king of the "asking questions" in the press conferences :lol: .... and he used to cop a caning over it on here too :lol:

I'm glad that choker is no longer hear. We're still bearing the emotionlnscsrs from his stuff ups.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
looks like he'll be cited by the judiciary for the elbow to the throat

True EEL

Bench
Ben Roberts has always excelled at inconsistency.....that is something our club already has enough of

Bow_rider

Juniors
:crazy::crazy::crazy:This is the way I see Ben Roberts. His last minute decisions on a footy field are all over the place. Sorry I think its not the best signing Parras ever made.

lingard

Coach
Me too Jake, I think he will build a good combo with Sandow which will finally give us skillful options in the halves and keep the oppposition guessing causing them to hang back just that little bit.

I agree as well. But I think we need another half/five-eight option to allow for injuries/poor form, etc. Yes, I know we`ve got Daniel Mortimer, but I think we need someone else. To my way of thinking that either means we re-sign Tom Humble or we buy another player who can fill that role. And if Humble actually hasn`t signed with anyone, I`d be giving him some time in first grade at five-eight to see if he is worth keeping. And I really don`t think McGuire is the answer, either.

CrazyEel

Bench
I agree as well. But I think we need another half/five-eight option to allow for injuries/poor form, etc. Yes, I know we`ve got Daniel Mortimer, but I think we need someone else. To my way of thinking that either means we re-sign Tom Humble or we buy another player who can fill that role. And if Humble actually hasn`t signed with anyone, I`d be giving him some time in first grade at five-eight to see if he is worth keeping. And I really don`t think McGuire is the answer, either.
Agree on all points. Unless they have someone lined up that we don't know about I'll be amazed if they don't re-sign Humble.

Eels Dude

Coach
Maguire has really gone down hill the past month or so. Those suggesting we keep him well, perhaps he's just too old for first grade now. It was going to happen sooner or later.

hybrideel

Bench
I don't think he is too old for first grade, just too old for 80 minutes in first grade.
Put him back to interchange hooker and i think he'll be fine. However if Kearney wants to have 1 80 minute hooker then there is no use in keeping him as he has shown that he can't play 80 minutes every week

Eels Dude

Coach
I don't think he is too old for first grade, just too old for 80 minutes in first grade.
Put him back to interchange hooker and i think he'll be fine. However if Kearney wants to have 1 80 minute hooker then there is no use in keeping him as he has shown that he can't play 80 minutes every week

We'll need to make a signing in that department then, considering we've already got rid of Anthony Mitchell.

Tony Bongo

Bench

I completely agree. Whether there is someone else in the pipeline or not, I think we should give Humble a go. Maybe the plan is to keep his price down by not letting him prove what he is capable of. What a shame it will be if he goes somewhere else to prove it and he does it for very little money. It will cost us nothing to at least pay the kid something back for having his career put on hold for the last 8 months. Morts has been given plenty of chances and hasn't really delivered yet. What about giving Humble at least a few games in his favoured position since he is the only other playmaker we have who is willing and able to take on the role?

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
lets not forget Humble has just only returned from his exile and from all reports his first few games were not the best, it was only his last game that he showed some really good form.

Eels Dude

Coach
lets not forget Humble has just only returned from his exile and from all reports his first few games were not the best, it was only his last game that he showed some really good form.

It was good enough for him to get a call up to NSW residents though.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
It was good enough for him to get a call up to NSW residents though.

yeah to play against other reserve graders. If he shows the some form over the next 1-3 weeks, and we fail to get points on the board, then yes we should bring him up.

Eels Dude

Coach
yeah to play against other reserve graders. If he shows the some form over the next 1-3 weeks, and we fail to get points on the board, then yes we should bring him up.

Why not bring him up now? It's not like he'll be stealing anyone else's bench spot.

bartman

Immortal
Interesting to read us again linked to Cooper Cronk in the papers - one of four clubs chasing, apparently. Cronk could be that extra option we'd need along with the proposed Roberts-Sandow halves partnership - assuming Morts will still not be up to being a back up, and that they aren't interested in retaining Humble (yet to give him a shot this season).

As for what or who we need to add into the hooking mix for next year... who knows?