What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Time for a new fullback

Now we're talking. Jarrod Hayne. We can also release Ike Gordon and use his Moolah. Those who talk up Stapleton and Ike Gordon stupify me. Neither even in the same post code as Gards let alone the Hayne train.

Can't see Eels letting him go. Warriors cannot find room for Locke,Fisihali and Schmankel (whatever he,s called), so there must be an opportunity there.

Staph and Gordon are above average NSW Cup players IMO.

Stapleton is the pick of the current bunch for mine..

Recruitment wise would take either of Gordon, Hayne or Locke..

Gardner has done more wrong than right and he doesn't appear to be maturing with his footy decisions.. Bombs are bread and butter and he is often making it look difficult.. He hole running and support play has gotten worse.. He either over runs the opportunity or gets too close to the player with the ball and is often the reason why he drops it or looks like dropping it.. Very little control about his game

webShark

Stapleton is the pick of the current bunch for mine..

Recruitment wise would take either of Gordon, Hayne or Locke..

Gardner has done more wrong than right and he doesn't appear to be maturing with his footy decisions.. Bombs are bread and butter and he is often making it look difficult.. He hole running and support play has gotten worse.. He either over runs the opportunity or gets too close to the player with the ball and is often the reason why he drops it or looks like dropping it.. Very little control about his game

Some good points about Gards. Stapo too predictable for me. At least Gards is unpredictable , if not always to our advantage. We need backs to match the try scored by Morris against the Titans today. Pure speed from Barba and Morris. Stapo was predictable before his injury. Pickerd may be a more polished version of Gards. He has mistakes in him but runs good lines and can score tries. Looks faster than Stapo. Ike is fast but lacks involvement even in big NSW Cup games. I think we need to persevere with Gards and look for a winger and/or centre.

Mills played junior football at FB but looks more suited to the centres.

azzah72

Bench
Gards is all we have atm. He has the speed and ability with a fw excellent brain snaps!!!

Once we are injury free then Gordon is the onlt other one i'd want there. as no one else has the speed.

Pickerd is simply not ready.

Ads

First Grade
I don't know that pickerd is not ready. From memory of Gardner in NYC I'd say pickerd is doing just as well if not better. Same size. Different type of player though.

roboshark

Coach
Give pickard a go next week. No better time to try these young guys than against the dud teams

Frenzy.

Immortal
Gordon turned us down last time and is coming off back to back knee injuries.

At the warriors they will have to cut Locke. The flying fish is just to good to keep in reggies or on the wing. I'm sure Locke will be available this year.

In saying that I'm not sold on the idea that Gards has peaked. The knock on him was always the highball and that drop last night was the result of having to much time to think. I still think he can be of value for us backing up Carney and co. He is sniffing around the ruck more this season then I remember from past years. I think he can still develop into a handy first grader.

Nope. This time he has a fractured fibula. Not that severe of an injury really.

The knock on Gards has been much more than his high ball security. His awareness is non existent, both in attack and defence, his positional play in D is poor. His ground work on attacking kicks is not too crash hot either.

He's dead set the fast man going nowhere.

azzah72

Bench
Have you guys seen NYC? At all?

He's is not ready!!!

I'd have Wright, Gordon, Mills, Best, J.Williams, Leutele & Stapleton all above Pickherd at this time.

Hell, Feki & Tautuha would be better since they have at least played NSW cup.

Frenzy.

Immortal
I don't know that pickerd is not ready. From memory of Gardner in NYC I'd say pickerd is doing just as well if not better. Same size. Different type of player though.

I wonder if you actually realise how salient this point is.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Have you guys seen NYC? At all?

He's is not ready!!!

I'd have Wright, Gordon, Mills, Best, J.Williams, Leutele & Stapleton all above Pickherd at this time.

Hell, Feki & Tautuha would be better since they have at least played NSW cup.

I agree with you on Pickerd and I am a big fan. However, he needs to play about another 30-40 games of NYC before he'll be ready for anything other than an emergency call up.

So has Crete Waaka.

Plastered

Juniors
With what we have, I'd go Ike, then Gards, then Gal. No to Michael Gordon - too old and injury prone for the money he is asking. Definitely take Locke - or Inu.

Has Ike returned yet?

Frenzy.

Immortal
With what we have, I'd go Ike, then Gards, then Gal. No to Michael Gordon - too old and injury prone for the money he is asking. Definitely take Locke - or Inu.

Has Ike returned yet?

I think Ike can be available from next week. Will be way behind on match fitness though.

azzah72

Bench
I'd keep Gardz.

Throw gordon in NSW cup and see how he looks, if he's the goods and gardz still is looking a bit rough then promote him.

Windy70

Juniors
Yeah he will.
But hes bad in positional play all over the place.
And...her bad under the high ball. That's a bad sign for a fullback

Ok so tell me this guys.

Can it be taught? Are his short comings something we can get past?

I just feel that gards is a great player in the making.

Would rather keep him.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Some of it can be taught. It's basic Windy

If it's physical it can be taught.

If it's instinctual it can't be taught.

Instincts can be improved though but you need the right teacher.

He plays like he had never been a fullback until he got to grade footy.

Latest posts