What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

City V Country teams

Disco

Bench
Couldn't find a thread on this and apologies if it should be posted elsewhere.

What are everyones thoughts on the City V Country teams?

I couldn't possibly start as i never know who qualifies for who but i think Jamie Buhrer should be locked in for a bench utility role!!!!

MSIH

Bench
Matt Cooper will be injured that week but will play for the Dragons (yes, I realise he's retired).

nrlnrl

First Grade
Given that its on a stand alone weekend, I hope that its not the case, but wouldnt really surprise me.

Interesting to see if any players from the Anzac Day games ( Dragons, Roosters, Storm & Warriors ) pull out with these "minor injuries", but be available for the club games on Wednesday.

Some people on the forum mightn't realise that the City v Country game is on Sunday afternoon, not leaving much recovery time for players from the 4 clubs mentioned.

Hutty1986

Immortal
Matt Cooper will be injured that week but will play for the Dragons (yes, I realise he's retired).

f*ck you MSIH, those hammy strains/back twinges were definitely legit! Also, Lyon has a life membership at 83 Restaurant

MSIH

Bench
f*ck you MSIH, those hammy strains/back twinges were definitely legit! Also, Lyon has a life membership at 83 Restaurant

I might've been a bit harsh on Coops. No-one would want to miss CvC. He's Scott Geddes unlucky.

Just googled 83 Restaurant and it looks like it serves salad. I therefore call bs on your last statement.

Big Sam

First Grade
Is Fittler actually coaching City? That'll do me. I think he mentioned on the Sunday Footy Show that the form of Pettybourne warranted City selection. Problem is he's been on 2 Kiwi tours of the UK already.

hutch

First Grade
A nothing game. Why do we still play it?

Exactly!

Having a rep weekend would be the perfect time to play a number of test matches involving the pacific island nations, but we toss up an outdated city v country game and an under 20's game alongside the Anzac test!

eozsmiles

Bench
Is Fittler actually coaching City? That'll do me. I think he mentioned on the Sunday Footy Show that the form of Pettybourne warranted City selection. Problem is he's been on 2 Kiwi tours of the UK already.

He is still unsure who to play in the halves. He's pretty keen on Marshall and Foran though.

My predictions on the squad selections:

Country Origin:
Brett Stewart (Sea Eagles), Brett Morris (Dragons), Josh Morris (Bulldogs), Matt King (Rabbitohs), James McManus (Knights), Jamie Soward (Dragons), Todd Carney (Sharks), Trent Merrin (Dragons), Danny Buderus (captain) (Knights), Kade Snowden (Knights), Beau Scott (Dragons), Ben Creagh (Dragons), Chris Heighington (Tigers) Interchange: Michael Ennis (Bulldogs), Tom Learoyd-Lahrs (Raiders), Tariq Sims (Cowboys), Jamal Idris (Titans) Coach: Laurie Daley

City Origin:
Jarryd Hayne (Eels), Beau Ryan (Tigers), Michael Jennings (Panthers), Chris Lawrence (West Tigers), David Williams (Sea Eagles), Peter Wallace (Broncos), Mitchell Pearce (Roosters), Keith Galloway (Tigers), Robbie Farah (Tigers), Tim Mannah (Eels), Anthony Watmough (Sea Eagles), Feleti Mateo (Warriors), Liam Fulton (Tigers) Interchange: Wade Graham (Sharks), Andrew Fifita (Sharks), Jason Taumalolo (Cowboys), Adam Cuthbertson (Knights) Coach: Brad Fitler

NB:I might be wrong with some of the players ie Mateo .

sputneek

Juniors
Chris Heighington? :lol: Didn't he play for England, like 6 months ago? And then you have Beau Ryan :lol: Liam Fulton :lol: Cuthbertson :lol:

Latest posts