What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ben Roberts dropped to Wenty

zipzip man

Juniors
Where's all the gerkins who said that "he has been our best" now? guess all of us who said he was playing like a Z grader are justified now.... only came about 8 weeks too late!

Chipmunk

Coach
Where's all the gerkins who said that "he has been our best" now? guess all of us who said he was playing like a Z grader are justified now.... only came about 8 weeks too late!

I doubt he will be there long. I can not see McGuire being any better long term.

zipzip man

Juniors
I doubt he will be there long. I can not see McGuire being any better long term.

Me either, but I just couldn't understand others saying that Roberts was one of our best thus far. I know he was trying but he is a speed hump, can't catch and some of the passes he has thrown have been total shockers!

Gronk

Staff member
Kearney must have set him some KPI's to meet for the last game.

Maybe Roberts should meet with Bob Bentley and have them revised if they are too hard.

#whatsgoodforthegooseisgoodforthegander

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
So we come full circle.

Playing in Canterbury's reggies, signs with Parramatta, gets a go in first grade, now playing reggies for Parramatta.

I think many saw that coming.

84 Baby

Referee
Stick the boot in!

Roberts was easily one of our best players up to the Sharks game.

His performances against Tigers and Dogs were horrible and his individual game against Tigers goes down as the worst individual performance since Paul Carige.

He deserves to be dropped but only to re-find the form he had earlier in the season

ParraAds

Juniors
Sadly for Roberts he's always a been a rocks or diamonds player. Heaps of ability but no real idea how to consistently bring it to the table.

And when he's bad... he's very bad.

Parra Pride

Coach
Two bad games for Roberts to get dropped, while Lasalo had more than a season of bad games before getting dropped.

#Equality

Eels Dude

Coach
Well he's showing the form now that had him languishing in reserve grade last year for the Dogs. Unfortunately, all it takes at the moment is one player to be in a form slump and the rest of the players seem to fall in a heap too.

oldmancraigy

Coach
We were correct then. He's played crap for the last two games.

Exactly! Funny how Roberts played badly when he had all the pressure dumped on him (with Sandow being dropped). He had to step it up as the chief playmaker, and overplayed his hand and did it poorly!

I think it's what most of us were saying before the season began - Roberts will be sneaky good because he won't have the pressure on him to overplay his hand - he can pick his spots and just direct traffic and use his nice long kicking game.
Was working for him early (not so hot for everyone else sadly)

His defence has been worse than embarrasing of late though. The miss on Fulton for the Tigers try was Z grade stuff.

I bleed blue & gold

First Grade
Exactly! Funny how Roberts played badly when he had all the pressure dumped on him (with Sandow being dropped). He had to step it up as the chief playmaker, and overplayed his hand and did it poorly!

I think it's what most of us were saying before the season began - Roberts will be sneaky good because he won't have the pressure on him to overplay his hand - he can pick his spots and just direct traffic and use his nice long kicking game.
Was working for him early (not so hot for everyone else sadly)

His defence has been worse than embarrasing of late though. The miss on Fulton for the Tigers try was Z grade stuff.

Spot on. He has had some poor misses in d one on one, but he is not getting much help on either side with Reni missing plenty of tackles and Morgan missing his fair share too. Sandow has missed heaps but we know he struggles. Roberts errors have cost him.

spartan2153

Juniors
If we had a callback guiding us around Roberts would be a nice foul. I still think he has been 1 of our best apart from the tigers game

Chipmunk

Coach
Sadly for Roberts he's always a been a rocks or diamonds player. Heaps of ability but no real idea how to consistently bring it to the table.

And when he's bad... he's very bad.

I think that is part of our problem. All 4 of our players in the 1, 6, 7, 9 are rocks and diamonds types (with Keating probably to a lesser extent). I dont think its helpful having rocks and diamonds players in those crucial positions.

Latest posts