What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ben Roberts dropped to Wenty

True EEL

Bench
Exactly! Funny how Roberts played badly when he had all the pressure dumped on him (with Sandow being dropped). He had to step it up as the chief playmaker, and overplayed his hand and did it poorly!

I think it's what most of us were saying before the season began - Roberts will be sneaky good because he won't have the pressure on him to overplay his hand - he can pick his spots and just direct traffic and use his nice long kicking game.
Was working for him early (not so hot for everyone else sadly)

His defence has been worse than embarrasing of late though. The miss on Fulton for the Tigers try was Z grade stuff.

This is also a good post. I'm being serious too!! :shock:

True EEL

Bench
This points to Roberts' problems stemming from lack of confidence. That can be solved by playing against weaker opposition (ever heard of one team playing another back into form? Same principle).

Lasalo's problems stem from lack of experience mostly. He's just a dumb player. When he was our best healthy option he got to stay in first grade because what else were we going to do?

Essential players like halves need their confidence to benefit the team. Someone like Lasalo just needs to try his hardest, which he generally does. He's not likely to improve from a short stint in Wenty, whereas it could be just the thing to get Sandow or Roberts firing.

Like the weaker opposition he played against for most of last season for the Dogs right?! LOL :lol:

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
well, from all reports he was still dropping the ball and making errors for Wenty...

And still carving up.

We didn't buy him for safety-first play; we bought him to take risks. He wasn't dropped after the Tigers game because for all his mistakes he was still dangerous.

He was dropped after the Bulldogs game, not because of his mistakes (he made a lot more errors and missed tackles against the Tigers), but because he didn't try.

He showed yesterday he's far too good for NSW Cup; he'll be back in first grade next week.

True EEL

Bench
And still carving up.

We didn't buy him for safety-first play; we bought him to take risks. He wasn't dropped after the Tigers game because for all his mistakes he was still dangerous.

He was dropped after the Bulldogs game, not because of his mistakes (he made a lot more errors and missed tackles against the Tigers), but because he didn't try.

He showed yesterday he's far too good for NSW Cup; he'll be back in first grade next week.

Really? :?

Roberts always tries hard, that's not the issue. It's just that he doesn't appear to have what it takes to be a consistent and dominant NRL-level playmaker. That is the reality. If he did have what it takes, he would have proven that by now. If younger guys like Mullaney, Whebe, Seage (sp.) are given a chance at 5/8 (or God forbid another dude already in the team), Roberts will not be there. Poor old Casey Card-board Cut-out McGuire might even go better :shock:

True EEL

Bench
I knew you'd say that. :roll:

well ffs, it was pretty obvious you would tell me that it doesn't matter if my opinion differs or not - i'd still be a d!ckhead or f&%wit.....that's what arrogant narrow-minded types like you would always say to someone like me pointing out your own seething hypocrisy....you always TELL me that I am wrong about everything I say, every opinion I have, every point I make, so why the hell wouldn't I think you would say that as a comeback you twat?! :roll:

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
well ffs, it was pretty obvious you would tell me that it doesn't matter if my opinion differs or not - i'd still be a d!ckhead or f&%wit.....that's what arrogant narrow-minded types like you would always say to someone like me pointing out your own seething hypocrisy....you always TELL me that I am wrong about everything I say, every opinion I have, every point I make, so why the hell wouldn't I think you would say that as a comeback you twat?! :roll:

I knew you'd say that too.

lingard

Coach
And still carving up.

Did you see the game?

Latest posts