What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ben Roberts dropped to Wenty

bartman

Immortal
But Bartman knows everything about what's happening behind the scene's and everything that's happening right now. All his opinions are based upon this superior knowledge. It's clear for all to see.
Please tell me where I've said that.
You can't. So don't talk shit. Troll.

Suity, er... Bartman ;-)

My opinions are just my opinions, always have been always will be, nothing more, and nothing set in stone. It's a shame you still seem to get so upset by them.... :kiss:

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Personally I think that the difference between a good NRL coach and an average NRL coach is communication/people management. To me there is a bees d$%k in the difference in knowledge about the game of rugby league between one NRL coach and the other, they all know their stuff at that level.

Absolutely. But don't confuse public speaking with people management.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
it's what I do for a living. And it's not easy. What you do however is learn from your mistakes and move forward. That's what I think the coach lacks, the ability to learn from his mistakes and course correct. His use of the bench is one of the areas where he has not learned from his mistakes.

Whether I have led teams or coached them, the insight that I believe is the most important thing to share is, course correction is key to long term, sustained success. Never be afraid to admit you are wrong. It is a key attribute of the best Leaders. I hope SK begins to understand that.

The ability to learn from one's mistakes is what separates a successful person from an unsuccessful one in any field. It is not particular to coaching.

The fact Kearney spent so long at the top as a player and a captain, and his willingness to seek advice from better coaches than himself, shows he has no problem admitting when he doesn't know.

Wally21

Bench
Now it seems you're confusing leadership with management. We don't see much leadership in the modern world, and management is its most common stand-in.

I agree that we don't see much leadership out there. I completely understand the difference between Leadership and Management and have absolutely no confusion around what it is or isn't. What I said was that Chips point was true of good leaders in all walks of life. I made no call on how many good leaders are out there. very, very few in my experience.

Wally21

Bench
The fact Kearney spent so long at the top as a player and a captain, and his willingness to seek advice from better coaches than himself, shows he has no problem admitting when he doesn't know.

now you are confused about the fact that top practitioners make amazing teachers or leaders, (not captains, to be sure of the distinction). I'm sure we could both make lists a mile long of individuals who excelled as single contributors, but it all fell apart when they tried to move into either a management role or a teaching/coaching role.

it truly is a great quality to seek advice from mentors or individuals that you respect. The hardest part of that equation however is taking the advice and course correcting for success. I'm not sure that advice has translated into success based on the performance of the team in SK's case.

True EEL

Bench
So we come full circle.

Playing in Canterbury's reggies, signs with Parramatta, gets a go in first grade, now playing reggies for Parramatta.

I think many saw that coming.

I think this post sums up the reality of the situation effectively.

Latest posts