What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kelly strikes gold on Eels debut

forward pass

Coach
I backed Kelly straight-up after the signing....he'll go places, the dude can play....you only have to listen to Hindy's glowing praise for the impact Kelly's blatantly obvious talk and direction in the game last night - he's a leader

The talking thing is good but can he set up tries or put players into holes? That is what I want to know.

Utey

Coach
Why does he have to be in the mix somewhere?

Kelly and Sandow are both 80 minute players. So there is no room for a spare halfback/ five eighth sitting around scratching themselves on the bench. If you want to play him at hooker, well, also redundant (since he can't anyway) because Keating plays 80 minutes.

And if you want him for emergency cover, well, also redundant since Paulo is the 'emergency cover' for one of our halves or hooker getting injured.

Keating runs out of puff IMO, we really lack dummy half impact towards the latter parts of the half. I like Keating as a player, but a 10-15 spurt from a fit Roberts could be beneficial in those tough games. Or it could backfire and he could have a number of brain farts.

IFR33K

Coach
You're not very bright are you?

In the 92 NRL games he played before he came to Parra, he came off the bench seven times.

In the other 85 games he played centre twice, halfback 14 times, and five-eighth 69 times.

So if he played hooker in the seven occasions he came off the bench, why didn't he start there even once in all the other first grade games he played?

I saw both games he played last year off the bench and he played in the halves both times. He didn't play hooker.

You reckon he played hooker in his two (out of 13) games off the bench in 2010? Or in his single game (out of 24) off the bench in 2009? Or was it his two (out of 21) off the bench in 2008?

Don't you think it's odd that he's never started a game at hooker? Even when he came off then bench last year he went into the halves and pushed Keating or Romelo into hooker.

Did you ever consider that maybe he was on the bench, and due to an unforeseen injury, he had to slot into hooker.

Or do you just love to argue and attempt to belittle people on this forum. Grow up u maggot.

Avenger

Immortal
Did you ever consider that maybe he was on the bench, and due to an unforeseen injury, he had to slot into hooker.

Or do you just love to argue and attempt to belittle people on this forum. Grow up u maggot.

Like I have said many times this f**kwit has single handedly gone a long way to destroying this forum. It's not enough to just tell him. I saw it with my own eyes and remember dialogue about it during this time but no the knob that is the Poo must argue about everything.

A bit like a juvenille Facebook bully who continually checks other people's responses on his nonsense and then goes all out with the attack.

It's obvious he has very little in life so let the f**kwit be.

Last edited:

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore

You mean like Kelly on Saturday night?

He's not a hooker either.

f**king please. He's not in any way diminished by me having a go at him. Stop taking it so f**king seriously.

I'm just glad we're back to talking about footy, as is Avenger, I'm sure.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Like I have said many times this f**kwit has single handedly gone a long way to destroying this forum. It's not enough to just tell him. I saw it with my own eyes and remember dialogue about it during this time but no the knob that is the Poo must argue about everything.

A bit like a juvenille Facebook bully who continually checks other people's responses on his nonsense and then goes all out with the attack.

It's obvious he has very little in life so let the f**kwit be.

Ok maybe not.

Suitman

Post Whore
Contrary to some people's beliefs, I actually think Poupou has been a much welcomed addition to this forum as he provides intellectual insight that very few others are capable of.
He's also is a devil's advocate of sorts, and generally takes the piss out of himself as much as he does others.
Funnily enough, some of the more respected people on this foum that I have spoken to personally think the same thing. On the other hand, some of the more egotistical people I've spoken to think he's a wanker.
Each to their own of course, but I think he's ok.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Contrary to some people's beliefs, I actually think Poupou has been a much welcomed addition to this forum as he provides intellectual insight that very few others are capable of.
He's also is a devil's advocate of sorts, and generally takes the piss out of himself as much as he does others.
Funnily enough, some of the more respected people on this foum that I have spoken to personally think the same thing. On the other hand, some of the more egotistical people I've spoken to think he's a wanker.
Each to their own of course, but I think he's ok.

I concur. I enjoy Pou's footy posts.

strider

Post Whore
i just don't understand why someone has to full on argue with someone if you don't f'n know otherwise yourself, but they say I saw roberts play hooker .... just f'n go, ok fine - don't argue shit when you don't actually f'n know yourself!!! .... sorry but that's just f'n arguing shit for the sake of not believing you could possibly be wrong yourself

Eelementary

Post Whore
i just don't understand why someone has to full on argue with someone if you don't f'n know otherwise yourself, but they say I saw roberts play hooker .... just f'n go, ok fine - don't argue shit when you don't actually f'n know yourself!!! .... sorry but that's just f'n arguing shit for the sake of not believing you could possibly be wrong yourself

I enjoy your contributions, too!

barney gumble

Juniors
Here it starts!!

A young Eels half who will be our next superstar, welcome to the pressure cooker young Luke.

Personally, I'm not seeing much in Kelly, but I've given up on Roberts so, why not, give Kelly a good go to form some combinations and develop into the team, hope he proves me wrong.

strider

Post Whore
I enjoy your contributions, too!

I don't - I'm a f'n merkin

i come here to find out some info and for a bit of a laugh ... most my arguing is behind me, its mostly not worth the effort .... I like watching people who don't realise Maroubra is taking the piss fire up at him :lol:

Eelementary

Post Whore
I don't - I'm a f'n merkin

i come here to find out some info and for a bit of a laugh ... most my arguing is behind me, its mostly not worth the effort .... I like watching people who don't realise Maroubra is taking the piss fire up at him :lol:

Lol

Maroubra got me a beauty a while back. To this day I still can't figure out when he's serious and when he's taking the piss!

Latest posts