What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Luke Lewis asking the Panthers for a release! Wow!

Hang on, lets not bag the Pennies on this. Lewis himself is asking for a release. Sure he may have some issues, but so too do the Pennies with Salary cap. Don't go bagging the club management in there now for the stupidity of the previous clowns.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
Penrith have no hope if he goes. Easily one of NSW most effective players in Game 3 despite only playing 34 minutes off the bench.

You have to wonder what is going on out there with Cleary and Gould. When Coote was preferred to Michael Gordon at Fullback earlier in the season, then the Jennings thing, and Lewis stripped of the captaincy, it seems to me that they've decided to get rid of 3 of their best players by giving them the shits.

Hooch

Juniors
Where are all the imbecile Penrith fans who were saying stripping Lewis of the captaincy mid-season was a non-issue?

Lewis is an honest man, but that was a big slap in the face and was always going to breed a lot of bad blood.

Put me down as another one wondering why on earth Cleary and Gould are putting him under so much pressure.

I think they want to scorched earth the joint and start again without any player factions or player power, but for mine they are far too paranoid and this is just a massive waste.

Stagger Lee

Bench
The financial problems must be massive at Pantherland, and I don't just mean the salary cap.

They are trying to get players to leave on their own accord so they do not have to pay them out.

What other reason is there?

hitman82

Bench
I would like to suggest a direct swap for Manu Vatuvei. Gould seems to love commentating on Manu, and this way he'd get to see him do hilarious stuff at training, not just during games.
Actually we will also throw in a few huge brown junior forwards - we have loads of them.

jonno_knights

Juniors
I would like to suggest a direct swap for Manu Vatuvei. Gould seems to love commentating on Manu, and this way he'd get to see him do hilarious stuff at training, not just during games.
Actually we will also throw in a few huge brown junior forwards - we have loads of them.

Why, cause Penrith dont have enough already?

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Like Hindmarsh at Parramatta he has stuck around too long at the one club.

In my opinion the days of one club players is dead. I don't see it benefiting either party for a player to stay at one club his entire career.

Goose.

franklin2323

Immortal
There are rumours doing the rounds that Thurston is on his way to Penrith. To release Lewis it would have to be for someone good, so to get one of the worlds best players in career best form would be a massive, massive signing. Yes we would lose a great player in Lewie, but to get Thurston, wow!

Make it happen Gus!

Lewis would be on $200k with the long player allowance. So it's not to clear room for Thurston

The financial problems must be massive at Pantherland, and I don't just mean the salary cap.

They are trying to get players to leave on their own accord so they do not have to pay them out.

What other reason is there?

there would still be a payout just not the full amount penrith would have to negotiate a settlement with his new club
(get on it parra!:pray:) to pay part of his contract with the panthers picking up the rest of the tab

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Lewis would be on $200k with the long player allowance. So it's not to clear room for Thurston
Panthers wouldn't be at the cap ceiling anyway, and they don't use third party deals.

They'd be able to make plenty of room for Thurston.

carcharias

Immortal
28 and can play virtually anywhere in the team...and in great form.
Heaps of experience...heaps of guts.

I don't get footy.

Latest posts