What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Luke Lewis asking the Panthers for a release! Wow!

DC_fan

Coach
Like Hindmarsh at Parramatta he has stuck around too long at the one club.

In my opinion the days of one club players is dead. I don't see it benefiting either party for a player to stay at one club his entire career.

aads

Juniors
All people remember at the board level is the bad stuff - fans remember the good stuff - funny a lot like work isnt it?

Canard

Immortal
The article also says "its understood Penrith don't want him".

Why? His salary (quoted at $425K) is a bargain for a player of his calibre, he is arguably in the form of his career, and Phil Gould basically has massive manlove for the guy (remember "blue for life").

Stripping him of the captaincy sort of backs this up I suppose, but its hard to fathom.

Panfas

Juniors
There are rumours doing the rounds that Thurston is on his way to Penrith. To release Lewis it would have to be for someone good, so to get one of the worlds best players in career best form would be a massive, massive signing. Yes we would lose a great player in Lewie, but to get Thurston, wow!

Make it happen Gus!

Canard

Immortal
There are rumours doing the rounds that Thurston is on his way to Penrith. To release Lewis it would have to be for someone good, so to get one of the worlds best players in career best form would be a massive, massive signing. Yes we would lose a great player in Lewie, but to get Thurston, wow!

Make it happen Gus!

Surely Jennings 600k+ would cover that pipedream

DeeJ

Bench
What the hell is Penrith doing. The best player and captain of the club and they treat him like shit.