What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Swimming

Shorty

Staff member
Yeah, that relay was pure domination by the yanks.
The USA women's swim team completely swept the entire meet, I mean it wasn't just Aus that got spanked by them, Adlington got beat by a bloody 15 year old on their team.
They are something else this Olympics.

And it can be argued, that stupid f**king article about Leisel days before the Olympics could have shaken up the whole team, and because there was no psych there, it stuffed the whole meet.

Last edited:

lockyno1

Post Whore
Yeah, that relay was pure domination by the yanks.
The USA women's swim team completely swept the entire meet, I mean it wasn't just Aus that got spanked by them, Adlington got beat by a bloody 15 year old on their team.
They are something else this Olympics.

And it can be argued, that stupid f**king article about Leisel days before the Olympics could have shaken up the whole team, and because there was no psych there, it stuffed the whole meet.

Pretty much and Jessiah Schipper swimming so much worse than Leisel killed us majorly. Having Coutts swim the fly was hardly ideal. That said it was a gamble. Personally I would have gambled on Trickett swimming the fly, Coutts is a better freestyler. That said you are dead right, wouldn't have mattered who we put in that race, we would lose!

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
I bet the same people upset with Jones, were the same ones who had a go at her in her first olympics where she was battered for being upset with silver.

WRs and gold medals shut them up.

She then comes full circle, is happy to compete and make finals...still complaints.

Jones' attitude as it turns out was just the ticket. All the young girls would have enjoyed the experience with her, and will be for the experience and deterimed for next time.

Some about London is not working for us...not just swimming. Diamond etc etc

Yet for the Brits its a midas games...

They are winning when favs and even when not.

Murray beat Federer @Wimbeldon ffs......Sports Karma has decided all the pain GB has endured over decades of crappiness, will be worth it for these games.

Hey our 4x100 girls won gold....hard to do that.

lockyno1

Post Whore
I bet the same people upset with Jones, were the same ones who had a go at her in her first olympics where she was battered for being upset with silver.

WRs and gold medals shut them up.

She then comes full circle, is happy to compete and make finals...still complaints.

Jones' attitude as it turns out was just the ticket. All the young girls would have enjoyed the experience with her, and will be for the experience and deterimed for next time.

Some about London is not working for us...not just swimming. Diamond etc etc

Yet for the Brits its a midas games...

They are winning when favs and even when not.

Murray beat Federer @Wimbeldon ffs......Sports Karma has decided all the pain GB has endured over decades of crappiness, will be worth it for these games.

Hey our 4x100 girls won gold....hard to do that.

Pretty much, apart from a few idiots, was anyone really expecting Leisel to win gold medals at this Olympics. 1-2 medals was her max, and she got 1 and was very close to a bronze in the individual.

Murray I am not surprised mainly because as a 31 year old Federer was always going to struggle to back up after the marathon semi final.

BuffaloRules

Coach
Pretty much, apart from a few idiots, was anyone really expecting Leisel to win gold medals at this Olympics. 1-2 medals was her max, and she got 1 and was very close to a bronze in the individual.

Are you still going?

She said after the medley race that she only wanted to have fun and that the team were basically never a chance of beating the Americans anyway...

This is acceptable comments from a professional athlete representing Australia on the biggest stage?

Its not about whether I or anyone else thought she was going to win or not, its about the fact that she didnt entertain even the most remote possiblity that she could win...

Last edited:

Shorty

Staff member
I'm pretty sure that's not what she said.
She said that she didn't care where they came as long as they had fun.
I see nothing wrong with saying that, with your attitude you'd be better off moving to China.

I'd hate to see what you'd think of 400m sprinter Soloman's positive outlook on finishing in last place...

Last edited:

Bretto

Bench
The girls gold medal winning relay team were interviewed on ABC Grandstand last night. Pretty much all of them said: "I'm so glad that's over now, now we can just relax in London, do some shopping, and just soak it all in." :lol:.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Are you still going?

She said after the medley race that she only wanted to have fun and that the team were basically never a chance of beating the Americans anyway...

This is acceptable comments from a professional athlete representing Australia on the biggest stage?

Its not about whether I or anyone else thought she was going to win or not, its about the fact that she didnt entertain even the most remote possiblity that she could win...

You muppet, she was swimming her last race EVER...saying she wants to have "fun" is a fairly common statement. Heck Phelps said practically the same thing...yet because he won there is nothing said about it.

They were no chance in the relay, the BEST they could hope for was a silver and they got it. Heck when our teams were having 'fun' we did better this Olympics....the womens relays were so much better than the men!

kmav23

Juniors
The girls gold medal winning relay team were interviewed on ABC Grandstand last night. Pretty much all of them said: "I'm so glad that's over now, now we can just relax in London, do some shopping, and just soak it all in." :lol:.

thats our tax payers dollars at work.....

its like a contiki tour...for them

and they want more tax payer money ....

BuffaloRules

Coach
As a frestyler YES. Coutts is not a butterfly swimmer.

If I am a muppet, you are an ignoramous.

Coutts finished third in the 100m butterfly.

So being the third best butterfly in the world doesnt make her a butterfly swimmer...:sarcasm:

BuffaloRules

Coach
You muppet, she was swimming her last race EVER...saying she wants to have "fun" is a fairly common statement. Heck Phelps said practically the same thing...yet because he won there is nothing said about it.

They were no chance in the relay, the BEST they could hope for was a silver and they got it. Heck when our teams were having 'fun' we did better this Olympics....the womens relays were so much better than the men!

How can they be "no chance" in the relay when they came second?

What if they had have had that attitude in the 4 x 100 where they were ranked 4th going into it?

The Dutch team were heavy favourites in that one werent they?

BuffaloRules

Coach
I see nothing wrong with saying that, with your attitude you'd be better off moving to China.

Or perhaps I should move to the USA?

They just do what they always do... kick the rest of the worlds butts.

I dont see them saying that they want to have fun until after the race.

BuffaloRules

Coach
I'd hate to see what you'd think of 400m sprinter Soloman's positive outlook on finishing in last place...

Nice goal post moving here by the way... comparing an 18 yr old at his first senior meet ,to our most successful ( in terms of medals won) Olympian, and four time representative Liesel Jones...

Shorty

Staff member
Or perhaps I should move to the USA?

They just do what they always do... kick the rest of the worlds butts.

I dont see them saying that they want to have fun until after the race.
Ah no pretty sure it's China.
Can't have fun!!! No fun allowed!

lockyno1

Post Whore
How can they be "no chance" in the relay when they came second?

What if they had have had that attitude in the 4 x 100 where they were ranked 4th going into it?

The Dutch team were heavy favourites in that one werent they?

Yes about 4 seconds behind the US...and if you look at the times that was VERY generous from the US anyway. They were a chance to medal, which they did. All things being equal they had no chance of winning though.

You realise the difference between the Dutch/US/Australia/China in the 4 x 100 were very close, honestly anyone could have won, it was the most open race going into the meet.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Coutts finished third in the 100m butterfly.

Well behind Vollmer from the USA...who broke the world record in the process. Exactly my point. Coutts should have done the free if we hadany chance, and even then we had as much chance of winning the relay as Parramatta have of winning the premiership this season!