What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jim Dymock

TheRam

Coach
Damn...there is talk that Dymock is the front runner for the NSW job, which incidentally I was just yesterday telling a mate of mine that he was my choice too out of the pitiful group that are available.

But my point of frustration stems from the thought that if he were to be selected as SOO coach, well how powerful does that make the Dogs?

They already have the best coach in the business and now seem to be on the brink of also having the prized appointment of State coach.

Well I really, really hope that Sticky can persuade Dymock over to the Eels whether he is made State coach or not. He is by far a much better option then Barrett would ever be. Barrett is a simple yokel window washer ffs.

For example, for everybody that has been so highly impressed with the bang up job Hassler has done in promoting interchange passing among Canterbury's forwards, it was Dymock who first initiated it, not Hassler. And Dymock was Sticky's highest appointed SOO assistant, not the other nongs within the squad.

So does anyone know what is going on at the club for the assistant jobs? I fear if we end up getting the yokel, our tactics will suffer over the long haul under Sticky, since it is not his strongest suit. But if we snag Jimmy, then we have real hope of having passion, commitment and tactical nous reintroduced at Parra...and with the possibility of having the next two SOO coaches as well.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/ji...-state-of-origin/story-fndujljl-1226446248937

Utey

Coach
Yeah, because our forward pack have the same skill set as the Dogs pack.

TheRam

Coach
Yeah, because our forward pack have the same skill set as the Dogs pack.

You're so clueless, it's beyond.

What the f**k has your comment got to do with this thread's discussion?

You're just another moron who hijacks a topic and tries to create a shit storm over irrelevant crap.

Move on little man, I think real thought is beyond you.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Well I really, really hope that Sticky can persuade Dymock over to the Eels whether he is made State coach or not. He is by far a much better option then Barrett would ever be. Barrett is a simple yokel window

How do you know Barrett cant coach or won't prove himself to be a very capable addition to the eels coaching staff if in fact he is appointed.

Last edited:

TheRam

Coach
How do you know Barrett cant coach or won't prove himself to be a very capable addition to the eels coaching staff if in fact he is appointed.

I don't, but I can make a pretty good well educated guess, and I say he is average at best.

zuke

Juniors
Would love to see both Dymock and Pay back at Parra in some coaching capacity

Eels Dude

Coach
Whenever I've seen Barrett on The Footy Show or interviewed he comes across quite articulate and intelligent. Not sure if he'd make a good coach or not but I don't think you should dismiss him the way you are.

oldmancraigy

Coach

Whether or not Barrett can coach is yet to be proved. The proof is in the pudding with Dymock.

If there's a way to snare him, we should be jumping all over it.

TheRam

Coach
Whenever I've seen Barrett on The Footy Show or interviewed he comes across quite articulate and intelligent. Not sure if he'd make a good coach or not but I don't think you should dismiss him the way you are.

He is slow. Even the NRL dropped him as their PR pinup boy all those years ago, because he was vacuumus, if that is a word.

I remember getting howled down when suggesting Dymock prior to Anderson being signed.

I stick by my call then - Dymock will be a very good coach.

TheRam

Coach
I remember getting howled down when suggesting Dymock prior to Anderson being signed.

I stick by my call then - Dymock will be a very good coach.

Before Anderson was appointed, he had no where near enough experience to warrant a 1st grade gig.

Latest posts