What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2013 Jersey, Logo, Sponsorship Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Parra away jersey - that's the white with yellow and blue butcher stripes yeah?

First Grade
PARJER1351753930_1.jpg

The Terminator is a shocker IMO but if Canterbury want to experiment I'd rather the U20's than the NRL jersey. Last season the Warriors U20's played in a predominantly red jersey. It looks like a new jersey each year for the 20's.

Anyone know other teams where the juniors wear a different jersey to the NRL side?

Souths U20's side play in a different jersey design to the first grade side. Not sure why.

image.php

mn_tibor

Juniors
Cowboys 2013 Home:

IMG_0849_zps8d311b50.png

IMG_0848_zpsdd847693.png

Toyota logo added to front and top back, Guildford Coal bottom back replace Harvey Norman

Thanks for that HPH, I thought it was just the Warriors making an excuse to sell and wear as many jerseys as possible in a season

Souffs have always had a different U20's jersey.

I seem to recall, reading somewhere, when U20s began, all clubs were supposed to wear differing jerseys. I'll try and find the link.

Except for a few real die-hards, can't say I've ever seen many of these around (or sold).

beave

Coach
I was just about to post a pic of the updated cowboys jersey but someone beat me to it, the tweaks are nice (yellow piping on the bottom hem, grey piping on the collar plus the toyota logo ring logo next to the text)

Clarke

Juniors
This has been happening for years!!!

We were called the Canberra Milk Raiders when they sponsored us as we have for most of our sponsors. I have heard the same for other clubs for ages to.

Also for those who keep comparing us to say the NFL in regards to sponsors, naming etc, your a little off.

The populations, are vastly different.

Competition from other sports? Minimal in the US. We do a lot different here with development and funding compared to them. Gridiron is their national game played in almost all schools in pretty much the whole country.

Rugby League is not our only national sport.

Therefore we have to compete with other sports and require other forms of funding from a much smaller population.

Slight adjustment. Neither Rugby League in Australia nor American Football in the USA is the national sport of the respective countries.

Souffs have always had a different U20's jersey.

I seem to recall, reading somewhere, when U20s began, all clubs were supposed to wear differing jerseys. I'll try and find the link.

Except for a few real die-hards, can't say I've ever seen many of these around (or sold).

Yea that was the case. However, Canterbury ruined that in season one when they wore jerseys that has a outline of a Bulldog face on the stomach of the jerseys and no V of any kind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts