What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2013 Jersey, Logo, Sponsorship Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

some11

Referee
I'm guessing that Gallen is wearing the replica jersey, rather than the official players cut jersey that'll be worn by representatives in matches.

Nope, they've headed the same direction as the CCC QLD Origin jerseys post 2010 - no more collars.

The 'classic supporters' jersey has a half collar however.

Gibbo

Juniors
Another look at Cronulla's away jersey (someone please post)

https://twitter.com/Cronulla_Sharks/status/297206021720535042/photo/1

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Not their away strip. It's their training jersey.

Away strip is same black one as always.

beave

Coach
Im confused. It looks like a training jersey, but has all the badging like an onfield jersey and I've never seen a team pic done in a training strip before?????

gzerounian

Juniors
I've never seen a team pic done in a training strip before?????

At first I thought it was for The Daily Telegraph. For the last 2 years they have had big glossy team posters (2 teams every day back to back). Most of those team photos had the teams in training gear?mainly due to their jerseys not being ready yet.

But then I found through their website that it is a poster they will be handing out on fan their fan day. It also said the following:

The outfit the Sharks squad was snapped wearing is the trial strip that will used when they play Manly and Newcastle in the coming weeks. From their the white outfit will to a training jersey for the season proper.

It also has enlarged versions of the photos below
331lk5f.jpg

gzerounian

Juniors
I can't believe they've changed the coat of arms. Sacrilege!

It is so unnecessary and looks shocking. Rugby and Soccer also do this however in a very subtle and tasteful manner by just placing a small ball over the actual Australian Coat of Arms. While cricket decided a few years ago to replace the shield with their own logo..they still had the sense and decency to not put this on the baggy green and leave it as it has been for over 100 years. In a way I see the kangaroos jersey as precious and as worthy as the baggy green for a player. Lets hope the players get the actual Coat of Arms on their jerseys.

2cwqvm9.jpg

_Johnsy

Referee
Oh and I just noticed they have desocrated the coat of arms as well. f**king brilliant.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: It's the coat of arms FFS.

The coat of arms is nothing but a symbol of the Commonwealth authority and ownership, i.e.. a symbol that must be given a grant by the head of state (King or Queen) I think desecration is a bit of an over reaction.

I like this comment from hansard in the House of reps.

"The emu and kangaroo are so built that they hardly fit into the heraldic atmosphere, and I think we make ourselves ridiculous when we endeavour to carry on the traditions of the Old World with some of the wild creations of our Australian fauna."

It's an improvement on last years jersey.

Last edited:
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: It's the coat of arms FFS.

The coat of arms is nothing but a symbol of the Commonwealth authority and ownership, i.e.. a symbol that must be given a grant by the head of state (King or Queen) I think desecration is a bit of an over reaction.

I like this comment from hansard in the House of reps.

"The emu and kangaroo are so built that they hardly fit into the heraldic atmosphere, and I think we make ourselves ridiculous when we endeavour to carry on the traditions of the Old World with some of the wild creations of our Australian fauna."

It's an improvement on last years jersey.
What freak reads hansard looking for (Un-sourced) ridiculous quotes about the coat of arms?

_Johnsy

Referee

777px-australian_coat_of_arms.png

I don't mind it. After a while the sporting public will realise that is the coat of arms on our national rugby league jersey. The soccer one is a very simplistic stylised version, very average IMO, the union is the closest to the correct image.

The ARLC would have to ave obtained permission to use the coat of arms as a base image, as it is illegal not to receive permission to.

_Johnsy

Referee
What freak reads hansard looking for (Un-sourced) ridiculous quotes about the coat of arms?

Simple google search and 2 minutes of your time would have shown you that.

Considering you thought it had been desacrated :)lol::lol:) I thought you may have had an idea what it actually represents, and how it came to being via what mechanism and how it was viewed when introduced. Obviously not, my mistake.

But carry on getting upset over a symbol that from all accounts is very, very close to your heart that you consider it desecrated.

Clarke

Juniors
It is so unnecessary and looks shocking. Rugby and Soccer also do this however in a very subtle and tasteful manner by just placing a small ball over the actual Australian Coat of Arms. While cricket decided a few years ago to replace the shield with their own logo..they still had the sense and decency to not put this on the baggy green and leave it as it has been for over 100 years. In a way I see the kangaroos jersey as precious and as worthy as the baggy green for a player. Lets hope the players get the actual Coat of Arms on their jerseys.

2cwqvm9.jpg

Bolded. That more insulting imo.

LESStar58

Referee
Really?

It's much better than this:

600_GALL_AAMI_SS17-600x400.jpg

The chevrons are better placed and shaped - they'd be perfect if they went all the way up for the shoulders.

The thing that is annoying me is the change in the socks....

VB might be cat's piss but it still looks better on the 'Roos jersey than Holden's effort....at least on front of jersey!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts