What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Craig Bellamy to the Dragons

JamesBrandy

Juniors
I know it wouldn't happen, but in that article it mentioned Cameron Smith as a possibility for a captain/coach role.

How would that come under the salary cap? Does he get paid shitloads more money/boats to be the coach as well?

DJShaksta

First Grade
Good luck to the dragons if they get him. But being serious he hasn't done anything without his superstar 3 or 4 players, ever.
I doubt he fills the stereotypical coaching role at Melbourne anyway. It all comes down to Cameron Smith reading what's in front of him and Cronk doing the same, with Slater chiming in all over the place.
Without those 3 I reckon he'd be very average.

Rosetta

Juniors
The only club that could pry Bellamy away from Melbourne are the Drongos, the rest are purely being used as leverage.

Fire

First Grade
No way he will go the Dragons,Bellamy looks like he will die of stress every week even when coaching the Storm and 3 of the best players of the modern era,imagine if he coached the Dragons he would die of stress within 5 days

Hey, try supporting them your whole life! lol

Hmmm, I reckon he's leveraging us for more money, and I'd be more confident if it was anyone but Rothfield writing it.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
It all comes down to facilities. Simple as that.

He's got a massive advantage in Melbourne, not just with talent, but with sports science and football club budgets. Massive.

If we prove that to him, then he'll come.

Personally, I'd still be expecting him to commit to Melbourne.

He's on too good a thing down there. Invisible. Great players. Facilities. Money. No pressure.

Exactly the opposite to everything he'd have at Saints.

The only thing in our favor is the chance to prove he's any good elsewhere. Bennett did it.

Does Bellamy's ego come in to play?

Won't happen another fluff piece to give Dragons fans hope then uses the cliche line I never really wanted to leave when he stays and the fans have a massive whinge the club isn't trying hard enough.

He'll always be associated with the worst cheating the competition has seen in my life time and should never be forgiven.

DJShaksta

First Grade
Saw Bellamy two weeks ago looking at a house in Port Kembla with his manager Khoder Nasser.
Yeah I'm sure you did...........
It all comes down to facilities. Simple as that.

He's got a massive advantage in Melbourne, not just with talent, but with sports science and football club budgets. Massive.

If we prove that to him, then he'll come.

Personally, I'd still be expecting him to commit to Melbourne.

He's on too good a thing down there. Invisible. Great players. Facilities. Money. No pressure.

Exactly the opposite to everything he'd have at Saints.

The only thing in our favor is the chance to prove he's any good elsewhere. Bennett did it.

Does Bellamy's ego come in to play?

Exactly this.
Bennett is a better coach than bellyache tho

Last edited:

nrlnrl

First Grade
Hey, try supporting them your whole life! lol

Hmmm, I reckon he's leveraging us for more money, and I'd be more confident if it was anyone but Rothfield writing it.

agree

also, do you think the writer wouldn't mind creating a bit of drama at the Dragons for 2013 ? Steve Price's confidence would be at an all time high

drago brelli

Bench
The positive aspect for the Dragons that's if this article can be taken seriously and Rothfields wasn't drunk when he wrote it is that supercoach Bennett will highly recommend the club. Quiet man Bennett and Bellyache are good friends and coach Bennett really enjoyed his time in Wollongong. Bennett got around in relative anonimity and no one bothered him. Wollongong in this aspect is a bit like Melbourne.