What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Craig Bellamy to the Dragons

azsportza

Live Update Team
THE St George-Illawarra Dragons have launched a brazen $6 million bid to snatch super coach Craig Bellamy from Melbourne Storm before the start of next season.

The premier coach took a break from his Gold Coast holiday yesterday to reveal it was "50-50" chance he would quit Melbourne.

While he wouldn't name the Dragons, Bellamy said: "It is either Storm or one other club and I want to make the decision in January."

FULL STORY: http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...ch-craig-bellamy/story-e6frexnr-1226545111350

A_R_EZ4CcAAzPQ9.jpg

Big Sam

First Grade
I thought old beetroot cheeks had gone on holidays.

I still think he'll wait til after most, if not all, of the Big 3 have retired to leave.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
He'll take the Dragons offer. Money always has the final say. The funny part is that he'll go to the Dragons and be proven to be a charlaton coach by their average squad.

Tommy Smith

Referee
He'll take the Dragons offer. Money always has the final say. The funny part is that he'll go to the Dragons and be proven to be a charlaton coach by their average squad.
Wrong. Wrong. And Wrong.

He'll stay at the Storm.

Every now and then, loyalty trumps money (and let's face it he won't be on minimum wage at the Storm). I could see Bellamy leaving to help bring the Cowboys there first Premiership one day or rebuild a desperate club like Penrith or Parramatta should a similar high-profile challenge arise at the right time.

But he won't want to leave the Storm to follow in Bennett's footsteps. Especially since Bennett ended the drought.

And on your last point, Bellamy is one of the all-time great coaches. He's tactically brilliant and has an unparalleled ability to get the best out of footballers of any ability level. There must be at least a dozen reject forwards whom he has reinvigorated and turned into very reliable first graders.

Taking charge of a Blues Squad at an all-time low and losing to the greatest Origin side of all-time in a few best-of-3 Series will never change that fact.

Last edited:

Stagger Lee

Bench
I would be happy for him to come to the Dragons but IMO he is just using us to lever some more money from Melbourne.

Diesel

Referee
I would be happy for him to come to the Dragons but IMO he is just using us to lever some more money from Melbourne.

He did the same with the Warriors thru his agent, it was all speculation that he'd come to NZ but we were never a chance. He'll go back to News Ltd saying both the Dragons and Warriors offered $1.2-1.3m a season and knowing that News will have to come close to matching that figure to stay

WaznTheGreat

Referee
No way he will go the Dragons,Bellamy looks like he will die of stress every week even when coaching the Storm and 3 of the best players of the modern era,imagine if he coached the Dragons he would die of stress within 5 days

Slackboy72

Coach
I see Rothfield has been lurking on the rumours thread in the Dragons forum.

Personally I hope he stays.

Diesel

Referee
I see Rothfield has been lurking on the rumours thread in the Dragons forum.

Personally I hope he stays.

I guess he's gotta do something while on holiday when Northies is closed. Could you imagine his scathing articles about the Dragons and his anti Grant style comments about Belly if he went there?

Anyone know for sure what his username is on this forum or does he read it as an unregistered user to get opinions and ideas for his articles?