What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Craig Bellamy to the Dragons

Fire

First Grade
agree

also, do you think the writer wouldn't mind creating a bit of drama at the Dragons for 2013 ? Steve Price's confidence would be at an all time high

Yep, he's got form. He loved breaking the story that Cam King was talking to Newcastle.

nrlnrl

First Grade
THE St George-Illawarra Dragons have launched a brazen $6 million bid to snatch super coach Craig Bellamy from Melbourne Storm before the start of next season.

The premier coach took a break from his Gold Coast holiday yesterday to reveal it was "50-50" chance he would quit Melbourne.

While he wouldn't name the Dragons, Bellamy said: "It is either Storm or one other club and I want to make the decision in January."

A_R_EZ4CcAAzPQ9.jpg

What about the line - "The Dragons remain quietly confident".

Who is this referring to ? I don't see any quotes from the Dragons…don't tell me this is pure speculation…..

Diesel

Referee
Rothfield is the king of writing specific information with no quotes or referencing

eozsmiles

Bench
If Melbourne had been beaten in the GF last year then I'd say 100% he's staying. But since he has ticked all the boxes down there as far as footy is concerned then other factors might come into it.
He might be over living in Melbourne, he might want a new challenge, his family might want to live in Sydney. Could be a whole bunch of reasons to either leave or stay that aren't to do with footy.

Maybe he wants the pressure of coaching a high profile Sydney club?

Always makes me laugh when any Storm supporter calls any other club this or that they will always be remembered as cheating scum.

Stagger Lee

Bench
Besides money, why on earth would he want to go to St Merge?

Great historic club with fantastic production line of talent to draw upon.

Shiny brand new stadiums.

Excellent training facilities.

Not too far from Sydney yet far enough away from the spotlight to offer some anonymity and to create an isolationist atmosphere like he enjoyed at Melbourne.

A salary cap that reputadly is still very far from spent.

The chance to have a crownie with Doustie

Trentosaurus

Juniors
After his dismal Origin experience, I can't see Bellamy ever wanting to coach against the Storm's big three again. He's knows he can't. If he moves on, it will be after Smith, Slater and Cronk retire.

LESStar58

Referee
Personally, the thought of Bellamy coaching my most hated team.makes me physically ill

I reckon he'll go but hes far too professional to half arse his final year at Melbourne and will leave as a back to back premiership coach.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
The premier coach took a break from his Gold Coast holiday yesterday to reveal it was "50-50" chance he would quit Melbourne.

While he wouldn't name the Dragons, Bellamy said: "It is either Storm or one other club and I want to make the decision in January."

So bellyache's move is a lot like goal kicking, there's a 50% chance he's staying at the storm and a 50% chance he's going to the dragons.