What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Craig Bellamy to the Dragons

God-King Dean

Immortal
I've never thought Bellamy was coming to the Dragons. But now that The Mole has said he isn't..................

Ah, The Mole. My favourite of his was "Cronk will leave the Storm & go to either [insert 1/3 of NRL teams]." And re-signed with Storm. :lol:

Patorick

Staff member
I've never thought Bellamy was coming to the Dragons. But now that The Mole has said he isn't..................

Ah, The Mole. My favourite of his was "Cronk will leave the Storm & go to either [insert 1/3 of NRL teams]." And re-signed with Storm. :lol:
Almost gets it wrong more than Matt "I'm hearing mail that..." Johns...

Perhaps they talk to the same people.

hardbaby

Coach
Almost gets it wrong more than Matt "I'm hearing mail that..." Johns...

Perhaps they talk to the same people.

Actually the funniest is that chick on the footy show. Is it Erin Molan. She throws up a "scoop" each show and I swear to God she just gets it off this forum.

Prometheus

Juniors
Am I the only Dragons fan who couldn't care less whether Bellamy comes here or not?

I can't read the future. I have no way of knowing if Steve Price will develop into a great coach. Getting Bellamy could gain us a premiership, or it could cost us one... who knows.

_Johnsy

Referee
Am I the only Dragons fan who couldn't care less whether Bellamy comes here or not?

I can't read the future. I have no way of knowing if Steve Price will develop into a great coach. Getting Bellamy could gain us a premiership, or it could cost us one... who knows.

Not at all. The way some people carry on you'd think he was some messiah, the best coach the game has seen.

What has he achieved outside of Melbourne cheating the cap ? a 25% success rate & one premiership.

Coaches who have won a single premiership - Michael Hagan, Ricky Stuart.

Even Sheens has won 4 Premierships.

Would it be interesting to see what he could do away from the big 3 and really test his ability ? Without a doubt.

Not too big an issue at all if he doesn't come over & sticks with what he has.

BunniesMan

Immortal
If he stays at the Storm I'm going to be interested to see how he handles the decline of the big 3. Which could happen suddenly and all 3 could lose a step at the same time.

If he transitions well from those 3 he is a top coach. But if he doesn't they could see an extended run in the bottom 4.

Last edited:

innsaneink

Referee
1. He is not "doin nothing now", he is learning the ropes by coaching St George's SG Ball team, while Dean Young is doing the same thing with the Steelers SG Ball team.

2. If the Dragons gave the job to either of them within the next couple of years it would show that they had learned nothing from the mistake they made when they elevated Nathan Brown to the top level too quickly.

Sounds like hes being preapred for Stains 2014 NRL coach

Fire

First Grade
If he stays at the Storm I'm going to be interested to see how he handles the decline of the big 3. Which could happens suddenly and all 3 could lose a step at the same time.

If he transitions well from those 3 he is a top coach. But if he doesn't they could see an extended run in the bottom 4.

Shut the f**k up no one cares.

If he stays at the Storm I'm going to be interested to see how he handles the decline of the big 3. Which could happens suddenly and all 3 could lose a step at the same time.

Good point...the key to his success will be in building depth at the club and he is starting to do that and you will see it more this year with a good group of young players coming through.

seanoff

Juniors
coaches are defined by their cattle. doesn't matter if he is the best coach that walked on the planet ever he cannot make a side of 13 of me any good.

he is unlikely to get three players of that quality again. so lower your sights when he starts to lose the big 3 (ie their performance starts to wane) and when they are gone.

Diesel

Referee
I didn't think he'd left and coach against his 3. If he did this could've happen as early as October with the Warriors if it was all about cash

Loudstrat

Coach
Addams-Family-the-addams-family-1964-23837387-445-353.jpg