What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Jerseys, Logos, Mock Ups, Photos ANYTHING

Thank the Lord for 90's jerseys

picture.php

The ones on top left and right are direct copies of Wigan jerseys from a similar ear.

Not sure why St George copied the Wigan designs but seeing they had similar colours and Wigan being a dominate force in the game over there might have something to do with it.

Also, are you 100% sure that the 1993 CS jersey is made by Ellgren? It looks very different to the Wigan one and looks to be made of the cotton/poly mix rather than just polyester. I've never seen any jerseys over here made by Ellgren or any clubs with jerseys sponsored or made by them.

Wigan 1992
wigan-warriors-home-rugby-shirt-1990-to-1992-s_256_1_500x400.jpg

Wigan 1994
wigan-warriors-home-rugby-shirt-1994-to-1995-s_1065_1_500x400.jpg

I've added all my Newtown jersey collection to Oldrugbyshirts.com, the only one on the Jets page that isn't mine is the 1995 one. Someone was selling that one on eBay a few months ago and they wanted $400 for it!
http://www.oldrugbyshirts.com/en/teams/n/newtown-jets/old-newtown-jets-rugby-shirts-t346.html

The rarest Jets jersey I've got is this one, I think it's a mock up made for the club as a one off. We've never been sponsored by Dihatsu.
old-newtown-jets-rugby-shirts-t346.html

The oldest one that I have is this one, it's a players jersey from 1970ish, complete with number 10 on the back.
newtown-jets-home-rugby-shirt-to-1974-s_1893_1_500x400.jpg

beave

Coach
'90s jersey are by far the best era for jersey design. God knows what happened during the 2k's though.......

GAZF

First Grade
'90s jersey are by far the best era for jersey design. God knows what happened during the 2k's though.......

A lot of the 90's were sublimated disasters though. I don't even like the top left/right St. George jerseys from the pic (top middle is great though). I say it constantly but simple is best and pretty much everything leading up to the 90's followed that logic. Of course there were some decent designs in the 90's though; Cowboys, Knights, Panthers had unique but not overly complex designs that are enjoyed to this day.

thorson1987

Coach
Campbelltown Eagles 2009 Reserve Grade (runners up)

Jerseys007_zps4149371f.jpg

Campbelltown Eagles 2010 Reserve Grade (runners up)

Jerseys008_zps2b1ef142.jpg

Campbelltown Eagles 2011 Reserve Grade 50th anniversary (Undefeated Premiers)

Jerseys009_zps2f1fcd3a.jpg

Campbelltown Eagles 2012 Reserve Grade (Premiers)

Jerseys006_zps100a12c5.jpg

Smithtown

Coach
The ones on top left and right are direct copies of Wigan jerseys from a similar ear.

Not sure why St George copied the Wigan designs but seeing they had similar colours and Wigan being a dominate force in the game over there might have something to do with it.

Also, are you 100% sure that the 1993 CS jersey is made by Ellgren? It looks very different to the Wigan one and looks to be made of the cotton/poly mix rather than just polyester. I've never seen any jerseys over here made by Ellgren or any clubs with jerseys sponsored or made by them.

Yes I am 100% sure it is an Ellgren jersey. If you want to go into my pics attached to my profile you will see the jersey spread out, with the Ellgren logo at the bottom of both numbers and on the sleeve. In 1993 Saints brought over 20 numbered (but otherwise plain) Ellgren Wigan jerseys for the Charity Shield that year and put on badges and sponsoring. This jersey is # 11 of that set as worn by David Barnhill on game night.

As for the other jersey in question, Saints moved from Westmont to Peerless jerseys from 1994, with the 94
CS jersey being an absolute shocker. Lots of arrows and the like. I gather Peerless pilfered the Wigan
design (or maybe vice versa I dont know) for the 95 CS and pre-season. I do know Sydney United had the similar strip with blue replacing black as I watched a bit of NSL during the day and recall the strip with their Boka sponsorship on it.

Yes I am 100% sure it is an Ellgren jersey. If you want to go into my pics attached to my profile you will see the jersey spread out, with the Ellgren logo at the bottom of both numbers and on the sleeve. In 1993 Saints brought over 20 numbered (but otherwise plain) Ellgren Wigan jerseys for the Charity Shield that year and put on badges and sponsoring. This jersey is # 11 of that set as worn by David Barnhill on game night.

As for the other jersey in question, Saints moved from Westmont to Peerless jerseys from 1994, with the 94
CS jersey being an absolute shocker. Lots of arrows and the like. I gather Peerless pilfered the Wigan
design (or maybe vice versa I dont know) for the 95 CS and pre-season. I do know Sydney United had the similar strip with blue replacing black as I watched a bit of NSL during the day and recall the strip with their Boka sponsorship on it.

Had a look and I stand corrected re the Ellgren jersey.

The 1994 Wigan jersey was part of the Puma King range, along with the Great Britain jersey of the time and I'm guessing that Sydney United that you're talking about was also made by Puma. Can't find any pics online of that one.
great-britain-home-rugby-shirt-1994-s_167_1_500x400.jpg

Latest posts