What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Soward 4 year deal

age.s

First Grade
Very happy. Massive upgrade on our current halves and generally underrated because he comes across as a tool. He's going to be our tool though so I'm going to be cheering my guts out for him. Well played Gus.

Abacus

Juniors
I know he comes across as a knob but now that he's a Panther maybe we can just classify him as "misunderstood"?
Football-wise, good signing.

Pugzley

Maybe we can piggyback on his kicking game to sneak into the the finals like a few years back with Walshy.

. . good luck to Sowie . . he has passion and has been reliable for the Red Vee considering he was reserve grade at Newtown when we snapped him up.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
wow.. that really sucks for us, but great pickup for you guys..

he's one of my favourite players, and the favourite player for my wife & daughter...

although this signing now explains why phil gould has been so nice to jamie in the press over the past couple of weeks, whereas before he was caning him every opportunity he got...

murraymob

Coach
great signing walsh is needed at least one more season giving scarlet the development time in the lower grades.We really dont need much more just time for our junior crop to develop and blend in with what we got

soc123_au

Staff member
Hopefully Ivan spends a few evenings over dinner with Bennett finding out how to make him fire.

PinkPanther

Juniors
I will be happy if he replaces Walsh as halfback.
1.Moylan/Moss
6.Coote
7.Soward
9. Segeyaro
Not a bad spine for next year

maple_69

Bench
Great signing! I think after JT, he and Carney were the next best options available so job well done. In the past we have gone after marquee players, missed the mark and not had a backup. Positive sign that we have a much more switched on management.

I think this signing makes it more important to get Moylan in the side asap. We need to see if he can excel in first grade. If so we get a cheap version of Coote and he has to focus on 5/8 or go elsewhere.

soc123_au

Staff member
Just had a read in the Dragons forum. The majority seem absolutely gutted to see him go. He certainly adds some big game experience to our squad. And as much as I have ragged on him before he certainly seems a competitive little prick. A bit like Burns, but with much more skill.

APRIL BELLE

Juniors
Now that I have picked myself up off the floor. I can only say this.

Gus should also be made to sign a 4 year contract so that he has to stay at the club and cop the criticism for the period of condemnation.

Elisha Taylor, Brent Kite and now Soward.

Panthers@Heart

Juniors
1. Moylan
2. Mansor
4. Whare
5. Tighe
6. Soward
8. Grant
9. Segeyaro
10. Kite
11. Manu
12. Brown
13. Austin

14. Taylor
15. Mckendry

PinkPanther

Juniors
1. Moylan
2. Mansour
3. Jennings
4. Whare
5. Roberts
6. Coote
7. Soward
8. Grant
9. Segeyaro
10. Mckendry
11. Manu
12. Brown
13. Austin

14. Taylor
15. Kite
16. Robinson
17. Another prop

That would probably be my ideal team for next year.

Last edited:

Jubileeboy

First Grade
Good signing for you guys. I'm gutted he is leaving us.
Good luck to you Jamie and thanks for the great memories.