What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Soward 4 year deal

Now that I have picked myself up off the floor. I can only say this.

Gus should also be made to sign a 4 year contract so that he has to stay at the club and cop the criticism for the period of condemnation.

Elisha Taylor, Brent Kite and now Soward.

Who would you have signed ?

We need something different in the halves. He's much better than what we have.

And what's the problem with kite? He's a workhorse who will add depth to our props.

Not every signing is meant to be a star.

Hutty1986

Immortal
Truly devastated to see him go. Say what you want about his lack of consistent running game but he has been brilliant for us ever since that dodgy night in the gong where he helped us upset the broncs. premiership winner and SOO rep. We'd better have a pretty fcking good replacement lined up (and not an oxygen thief dud like Carney)

Hope he goes well for you guys, top signing

xofstgeorge

Juniors
you guys are getting a great player with many years left in his career.
I was quite surprised when i read the news starting to filter through that he was joining you guys. Pretty devastated he is leaving us, and truly hope our management can actually find someone of equal or better skill to replace him.

He may put opposition fans offiside, but as a member of your team, he will definitely be a favourite.

Well done pennys. Hope it doesnt come back to bite us in the arse

Slackboy72

Coach
One thing he will do is keep your team at the right end of the field. His kicking game is second to none.

Thanks to the visiting Dragons fans for your thoughs & comments - both good and bad, though it seems quite clear that the majority of you guys are sad to see him go.

After reading those comments, I'm warming to his impending arrival to the foot of the mountains.

Hopefully he'll have a good year to finish his Dragons tenure.

TeamSatan

Juniors
Great signing! I think after JT, he and Carney were the next best options available so job well done. In the past we have gone after marquee players, missed the mark and not had a backup. Positive sign that we have a much more switched on management.

Have to agree...

Yep they had to something....Perhaps this signing may be the first step to a more consistent future.

Soward brings experience...good goal kicker...

Ok so who knows what the future holds, At least they have had a shot.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
how it all started...
25jv2nq.png

(you bastards!)

APRIL BELLE

Juniors
Who would you have signed ?

We need something different in the halves. He's much better than what we have.

And what's the problem with kite? He's a workhorse who will add depth to our props.

Not every signing is meant to be a star.

Gareth Widdup is the stand out half off contract. I would throw the cheque book at him. Soward is a very ORDINARY player in a weak team. He is poor defender. He is the type of player who only plays well in a dominating team which Penrith isnt currently.

Kite is past his best and therefore is not an astute signing. He will find it tougher in a ordinary performing team, being a member of a good team for a number of years now.

When a team is struggling they need players who can endure the physical barrage. Halves who dont buckle under pressure and forwards with attitudes. A prop like Josh Maguire ( Broncos) is the type I would chase if I was a Penrith Talent scout.

I firmly believe Soward will be worse than Luke Walsh.

franklin2323

Immortal

I do have doubts he will be 30 next year. Both are the same style player. I think Walsh work be decent at a better team.

Though given we have Taylor & no Newton, Ciraldo, Smith & co we should have a better squad. I am told Cleary can coach so we should be stronger still though.

Tone83

Juniors
Feel sorry for you guys, panthers are one of the few sydney teams I like, and I want them to do well under gus especially but this is an absolutely bone headed signing. Unbelievable.

Hutty1986

Immortal
I wish we had April belle in our forum. Would help bring a few more laughs there.

Ps Josh "Maguire" sounds like a gun. Wonder if he's better than current young gun Bronco, Josh McGuire

Last edited:

murraymob

Coach
Gareth Widdup is the stand out half off contract. I would throw the cheque book at him. Soward is a very ORDINARY player in a weak team. He is poor defender. He is the type of player who only plays well in a dominating team which Penrith isnt currently.

Kite is past his best and therefore is not an astute signing. He will find it tougher in a ordinary performing team, being a member of a good team for a number of years now.

When a team is struggling they need players who can endure the physical barrage. Halves who dont buckle under pressure and forwards with attitudes. A prop like Josh Maguire ( Broncos) is the type I would chase if I was a Penrith Talent scout.

interesting logic dont sign soward because he would stuggle coming from a good team to a struggling team but sign widdop who plays in a team with the 3 best players in the world
How will he go out of the Melbourne system.There is nothing to suggest he will any better than any half elsewhere

64 Dragon

Coach
Hey APRIL BELLE, Soward is not a poor defender. His defence has improved out of sight. You should start watching footy instead of reading the Telecrap, and listening to Sowie haters.

He is a great little player and most of us will miss him.

USDragon

Juniors
You are getting a good player who on his best day can win you games....and on his worst day will NOT lose you any games.

I am absolutely gutted we are losing him, but congratulations to you guys. As somebody else said, I will definitely be watching more Panthers games now

hugzy

Juniors
Not a top class player but I reckon can take panthers to bottom 8, then a couple more addition and youse r top 8

Latest posts