What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Defense of the Ancients (DotA) Mafia Game Thread (GAME OVER)

Apey

Staff member
I knew it. I f**king knew it! And I would've known it three nights ago had I not been roleblocked!!!

How many times were you roleblocked? I roleblocked you the night you tried to track me, pretty sure we also roleblocked you on a random punt earlier in the game, and Monk did too? :lol:

Dutchy

Immortal
NIGHT 9 - THE FINALE

In a last minute effort, hoping to destroy the remaining defenders. Dazzle walked straight into the centre of the enemies camp and called out the Blademaster. Armed with an array of dark and healing magic, the Shadow Priest held his own in the battle which lasted for what seemed like hours. Yurnero danced and sliced with his blade whilst Dazzle use poison touches and waves of damage dealing black magic.

Bradwarden, the Centaur Warchief had seen quite enough, he leaped down from his viewing point and overpowered Dazzle with his size and strength. Stuck underneath the mighty hoof, Dazzle knew the end was to come. He stopped his struggle as the Blademaster wandered over and beheaded the remaining troll.

Jason Maher is Dead, he was Dazzle, Troll Clan Aligned Shadow Priest.

dota2_set_dazzle01.jpg

The remaining heroes, piled up the nine rotting corpses, and one stack of bones and burnt them in the middle of town. The lands had been saved, months past and the World Tree had regained it's former strength and connection with the land and beings. The Frozen Throne had been rebuilt, prepared to lock away any other powerful foe they might come across.

Fields, resown, cities rebuilt, the inhabitants of all races now lived in peace. But will that peace remain....

Dutchy

Immortal
Living Defenders of the Ancients!

Bunniesman is alive, he was Yurnero, Ancients Aligned Juggernaut

tumblr_m2oot3dymh1rt2j9do1_400.png

Parra is alive, he is Lina, Ancients Aligned Slayer

DotA+-+Slayer.jpg

ST G Bull is alive, he is Bradwarden, Ancients Aligned Centaur Warchief

dota_2_centaur_warchief_by_d_k0d3-d51upkr.jpg

Smiley is alive, he is Strygwyr, Ancients Aligned Bloodseeker

050312-DotA2-Bloodseeker.jpg

Frederick is alive, he is Gondar, Ancients Aligned Bounty Hunter

gondar.jpg

Drew-Sta

Staff member
Yeah, but that's how the cookie crumbles. Dutchoven - top game bro and I really enjoyed it.

Here's our QT: http://www.quicktopic.com/50/H/cjQmt3dPA79b (Also, apologies if I lol too much at people - I suspect its the same when I'm town and playing like a muppet :crazy: )

Dutchy said:
You are Rotund'jere, Undead Scourge Aligned Necrolyte.

Slain for sins of heresy by men who declared themselves holy, death only gifted Rotund'jere with an immense wrath for the living, that he can express by sending evil spirits at his foes. Taking pleasure and growing more powerful every time a living thing dies by his hands, each step of his reeks of death, and his very presence makes living things rot and wither. Now a master of torture and pain, the Necrolyte mercilessly slays any weaklings who might cross his path, always with a nasty smile on his dead face.

Reaper's Scythe - SINGLE USE. You can stop a lynch. You also brings a target to full realisation of their own mortality. Choose a player to be auto-lynched.

Scourge - Your Mafia members are Kel'thuzad (Misanthrope) King Leoric (Thorson) Traxex (DB) and N'aix (afinalsin666) Rotund'jere (Drew-Sta)

BIO - Ranged, Intelligence.

You win when all threats to the Scourge are eliminated.

BunniesMan

Immortal
My first ever win. I'd have to have gone the longest by far of the regulars?

Targetted mafia 3 times out of 5 kill opportunities, helped lynch DB and saw through Apey before most.

Odds on me dead day/night 1 next game?

Dutchy

Immortal
BM picked the right targets each, time. Only townie he killed was Howhigh, night 1. Which I suspect was le old Meta-game payback.

afinalsin666

First Grade
I'm still without a surviving win I think. But you've played three more games than I have, so I may beat you yet.

Dutchy

Immortal
You are Nortrom, Ancients Aligned Silencer.

Hailing from the magical community of Quel'Thalas, Nortrom is one of the strongest Elven warriors. Mastering the ancient art of glaive-throwing, and combining it with the volatile nature of the Blood Elves' arcane magic, he is able to disrupt the magical energies in his enemies.

Curse of the Silent - Each night you may choose one player to afflict with the curse. This player shall not be able to post or vote in the game thread during the next day phase.

Last Word - If the player you afflict with Curse of the Silent, posts or votes, they will die and you will borrow their Night Ability the following night phase, along with your own.

Global Silence - If you successfully cause THREE players to die from Last Word throughout the game you will active your Global Silence. Choose FIVE players to afflict with Curse of the Silent.

Bio - Range, Intelligence.

Would have loved PP to survive through to end game, I thought it was a cool extra on the silencer role.

HowHigh

Coach
My first ever win. I'd have to have gone the longest by far of the regulars?

Targetted mafia 3 times out of 5 kill opportunities, helped lynch DB and saw through Apey before most.

Odds on me dead day/night 1 next game?
I'll kill you next game even if you're on my team :lol:

BunniesMan

Immortal
You are Yurnero, Ancients Aligned Juggernaut

Slicing through armor with the greatest of ease. Whirling, dancing like a dervish, swiping foes with a flick of the wrist. Poetry in motion, slashing enemy upon enemy in the blink of an eye. Yurnero seeks perfection. Seeks to become one with his blade. All to fulfill his destiny as the unstoppable Juggernaut.

Omnislash - Yurnero moves around the battlefield, slashing many enemies. Yurnero becomes invulnerable while Omnislashing.
* Every ODD night you may choose to kill another player.
* You CANNOT die this night if your kill is successful.

Lost Love - You CANNOT be lynched if Naga Siren is still alive.

BIO - Melee, Agility

You win when all threats to the town are eliminated.
________
If everything went well I couldn't be lynched and I couldn't be killed every 2nd night. I like that kind of role.

Dutchy

Immortal
You are Dark Terror, Ancients Aligned Faceless Void.

They say he was once human, but his background is shrouded in darkness, even to himself. What we know is that he was thrown into the Void between worlds and has emerged with the power of manipulating time. He can freeze his enemies in time and avoid hits by traveling a split-second back in time, right before receiving the blow. He can briefly rip apart the fabric of space-time to freeze both allies and opponents around him, yet remain free himself to act. It is rumored that he can instantly strike any man in a legion of soldiers, but nobody sees him move...

Backtrack (Passive) - Whenever damage is received, Dark Terror moves a moment back in time to try to dodge that damage. You have a 25% to dodge any night action.

Chronosphere Single use Ability - Faceless Void creates a rip in spacetime causing all units in that area to become trapped for its duration. FIVE players will be randomly selected. You may choose ONE player to be killed, and ONE player to be locked in time. This acts as a Role Block.

Bio - Melee, Agility.

SGL got lucky with his Chronosphere, 3/5 random names came back as mafia types. Outed Thorson with the kill. Cant remember who he roleblocked though.

whall15

Coach
You are Meepo, Ancients Aligned Geomancer.

Originally worshipped by the pagan tribes of Germania and the black forests that encompassed it, Meepo is a mischievous spirit of the earth who enjoys burying his enemies alive in mountains of rock spikes, pinning them down into helplessness as he pummels them into submission with his mighty shovel. The most disturbing of the Geomancer's powers, however, is his ability to separate his being into multiple selves, each as powerful as the original and making him potentially four times the trouble for the unlucky who encounter him.

Divided We Stand
- Meepo summons TWO imperfect, semi-autonomous duplicates of himself. Your votes in lynches count as THREE.

Census - You are in control of the Ancient's Census. At any point during the game, you may divide your forces and scout the exact amount of players left, how many factions, and how many in each faction. (Single Use)

BIO - Melee, Agility.

You win when all threats to the town are eliminated.

Judging from the QT, I was right to do an early census.

Dutchy

Immortal
You are Tiny, Ancients Aligned Stone Giant.

Looming from the rocky crags of Ashenra, the stone giants are born from the mountain itself. Tiny, a newly born giant, although small in size, has the strength of a hill. With his supreme strength, he is able to launch anything into the air, including huge amounts of soil to cause avalanches around his enemies. Because of his craggy exterior, enemies have a hard time attacking him. Over time, Tiny's body will grow bigger as the magnetic forces deep inside his granite heart pull rocks and soil to his rugged stone form.

Avalanche - Each night you may bombard any area with rocks.
* 10% chance a random player will be killed.
* 33% chance a random player will be crippled and unable to act that night.

Craggy Exterior (Passive) - Due to your body being made of solid granite. You are unable to die at night.

Bio - Melee, Strength.

Sanchez was either MIA, or had shit-all luck. Not much of a contribution during the day or night. Was roleblocked the night Smiley killed him.