What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings and Even More Crap X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gronk

Staff member
Rabbitohs half Chris Sandow signs four-year $1.6 million deal with Parramatta Eels

• May 04, 2011 12:41PM

So we got him for 2014 & 2015 ? I can't see him improving. He is what he is methinks.

Gronk

Staff member
Sandow has been far from our worse this year, also pretty hard for him to perform when the pack is soft and defence is poor. Sandow obviously isn't the greatest half in the game but has a strong kicking and running game. I would give keep until we fix our pack then we can tell whether he is the halfback we need.

If we get rid of sandow we will struggle to find anyone else to replace him with and I doubt the replacement would be as good as sandow anyway.

I reckon if sandow did leave it would only be a few games before Ricky is criticised for letting him go.

Lucky we have Norman & Hayne who can throw a pass. Sandow will just have to show n go himself and kick.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Lucky we have Norman & Hayne who can throw a pass. Sandow will just have to show n go himself and kick.

I agree, but unless we get thurston or maybe Cronk there arent many half backs that have the perfect game, they all have faults. Sandow doesn't have the best passing game but has a pretty good running and kicking game and as you mentioned we also have Hayne/Norman in our spine - they will compliment Sandow with their passing game. In addition Sandow has not had much to work with considering we rarely win the forward battle.

By letting Sandow go, all I can see is us getting another half back that also has certain faults (and considering what is available I doubt they would be anywhere as good as Sandow).

Ricky should be developing a game structure which compliments the strengths of our spine of Hayne/Norman/Sandow and ensuring we have a big mean forward pack for 2014.

IFR33K

Coach
Sad to say it, but Luke Walsh would've been an improvement on sandow. Can't see us going forward with him here. Hopefully a team picks him up for 2014.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
We could do worse and pick Hodko, yes he isn't the quickest 7 around but he isn't a liability in defence and can lead a team around the park. He is also a gun goal kicker. He can leave the flashy stuff to Hayne and Norman.

Avenger

Immortal
We could do worse and pick Hodko, yes he isn't the quickest 7 around but he isn't a liability in defence and can lead a team around the park. He is also a gun goal kicker. He can leave the flashy stuff to Hayne and Norman.

I agree with everything you posted.

Gronk

Staff member
I'd say that they Dogs are better off with Hodko at 7 rather than KK. They won't release him in a hurry.

Bigfella

Coach
Yep kk is not an organiser and very erratic. Plus Reynolds' kicking game is not up to scratch.

I think Hodkinson fits the dogs better than most other clubs.

I think him 7 and Hayne 6 could work bloody well though. Maybe less so him and Norman but could do.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Sandow is just too erratic for a young team like ours, we need someone solid and dependable calling the shots.

Sandow is a great talent but not the 7 we need. Hodko fits the bill, is a Parra junior and if we can offload Sandow there is no way they can offer more than us.

yy_cheng

Coach
I am not a Hodko fan.

I would love Maloney but no chance I am guessing.

I'd rather a cheaper Robbo than Hodko

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Wonder how Sandow would go behind a big forward pack like the dogs that actually win the forward battle ?

Status
Not open for further replies.