What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings and Even More Crap X

Status
Not open for further replies.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Beg to differ

Manly offered him a huge contract and we had Mortimer breaking through and robbo as the grand final halves (yes ironic they didn't work out more so morts)

James Maloney is the one that got away

But no point dwelling on it

If sandow goes I just hope we have a half in line
We lost both of them at the end of 08, Mortimer hadn't even played first grade then. We decided to let both go and pay Finch a 3 year massive deal :crazy:

Avenger

Immortal
You reckon you can get an NRL halfback for less than $500k? Not in this brave new world.

If Sandow's contract is heavily backloaded which I heard it was he won't be going anywhere. I heard it was something like $750k a season for the last 2 years. So at $500k for Hodkinson we would be saving money however who in their right mind would give Sandow anywhere near $750k? This is the reason why I think Stuart is angry. Sandow will be getting as much as the coach in 2014 and 2015. :D.

Last edited:

natheel

Coach
We lost both of them at the end of 08, Mortimer hadn't even played first grade then. We decided to let both go and pay Finch a 3 year massive deal :crazy:

Ah ok

Well either way hodkinson had a big contract from manly but I think Maloney was the real one that got away as he went to Melbourne and I'm sure it would've been on a small contract

natheel

Coach
Best option would be to keep sandow and see how he goes behind an improved pack next year and also with some decent backs to be with hayne and Morgan in Hoppa and norman

EelsFan05

Bench
Souths as a whole were shit back then - Dave Taylor and Sam Burgess at edge forward meant their defence was too weak to cover Sandow. And Inglis was stuck out at centre.

Surprise surprise you disagree. Sandows record of playing in zero final games speaks for itself.

Eels Dude

Coach
If Sandow's contract is heavily backloaded which I heard it was he won't be going anywhere. I heard it was something like $750k a season for the last 2 years.

If Sandow's contract is backloaded like that wouldn't that mean we're only paying him 50k per year this year and last year.

Chipmunk

Coach
Hodkinson would struggle behind our pack too

Put sandow with a five eight that can actually control the game and let chris do his own thing

Well we are committed to Norman playing five-eight, who from what I have seen isnt that type of player, so what do you want them to do? Buy a different player to play 6?

Chipmunk

Coach
If Sandow's contract is heavily backloaded which I heard it was he won't be going anywhere. I heard it was something like $750k a season for the last 2 years. So at $500k for Hodkinson we would be saving money however who in their right mind would give Sandow anywhere near $750k? This is the reason why I think Stuart is angry. Sandow will be getting as much as the coach in 2014 and 2015. :D.

If this is true about the back ending of Sandow then that was ridiculous

natheel

Coach
Well we are committed to Norman playing five-eight, who from what I have seen isnt that type of player, so what do you want them to do? Buy a different player to play 6?

No but hopefully Ricky will help Norman with that. Look on the money sandow is on we can't offload him as noone will want him and we still won't be able to purchase another 7. So best to stick with him and see how he and Norman go

IFR33K

Coach
If this is true about the back ending of Sandow then that was ridiculous

If its true, I say SK should be stamped, never to coach in the nrl again. The board shouldn't of allowed such a signing, no wonder they got punted.

f**k me.

Chipmunk

Coach
No but hopefully Ricky will help Norman with that. Look on the money sandow is on we can't offload him as noone will want him and we still won't be able to purchase another 7. So best to stick with him and see how he and Norman go

At the moment we dont appear to have much choice but I think we will remain a bottom 4 side with Sandow at 7.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
If Sandow's contract is heavily backloaded which I heard it was he won't be going anywhere. I heard it was something like $750k a season for the last 2 years. So at $500k for Hodkinson we would be saving money however who in their right mind would give Sandow anywhere near $750k?

Nobody would give him that much, which is why he won't be getting that much.

Kiwi

First Grade
I'd take Sandow at the Broncos, not on the sort of money the eels threw at him, but he would work well in an impact role off the bench with Wallace and Hunt in our halves.

Well, unless someone outright lied to Stuart about the terms of Sandow's contract (or the total amounts already committed to salaries for each year), he's got no right to be angry. Before signing on, surely he checked this out? Why would sign to coach a team without full knowledge of the amount of your future salary cap that is already committed?

It doesn't surprise me that Sandow's contract is heavily backended....have a think about the last few days before he signed....on again / off again....there's no way we could have upped the $$ offered for 2012, so any increased offers almost certainly would have been deferred cash.

Eels Dude

Coach
It doesn't surprise me that Sandow's contract is heavily backended....have a think about the last few days before he signed....on again / off again....there's no way we could have upped the $$ offered for 2012, so any increased offers almost certainly would have been deferred cash.

Why couldn't we?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts