What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings and Even More Crap XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

forward pass

Coach
I apologise in advance for the lack of detail.

My 84 year old father said he watched an English super league game a couple of weeks back and the halfback who was interviewed at the end of the game said he will be playing with the Parramatta eels in 2014.

Dad can't remember the players name but said he is around 30 years old, is well known, a very good player and has played hooker a bit over the last couple of years.

Again, sorry I don't have a name

You sure he wasn't watching a classic match and they were interviewing Chris Thorman.

oldmancraigy

Coach
Can't argue with that Craig. I certainly think he'd add something at the moment.

totally agree that he'd add something right now.

But that's not hard, Paulo isn't a 5/8.

I doubt we'd get him starting tomorrow, and just for the rest of this season though. We have a certain bloke coming to the club to play 5/8 next year, and paying him first grade starter money for the position. Can't see why we'd offer any other prospective 5/8 option anything more than very low marginal first grader money - and can't see Mr Burns coming back from England for that.

bit of a closed minded opinion.

he was a good player imo before he left, got rubbed out because of his fiery nature which we rever the likes of josh reynolds for.

played a few games at hooker for penrith before he left and is 28 so still has life left

bottom line >>> matt keating

Ah - so you're looking at him as a hooking option?

I haven't kept up with HullKR, but I'm almost certain that he's played exclusively 5/8 for them.
He was a bit of a flop as a hooker in the NRL, played his best footy at 5/8. But he's more of a worker than a creator for others, and can't hold a candle to Norman in that regard.

My memory of him playing hooker was that he was not, in fact, >>> Keating in that regard. And I have a very low opinion of Matt Keating as an attacking hooker...

I bleed blue & gold

First Grade
1044885_404358266344438_1312612271_n.jpg

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
So Reni couldn't get a start somewhere else - so he had no choice but to see the year out with us.

oldmancraigy

Coach
Regarding this short, well known, English Super League halfback who apparently said on national TV that he's playing for Parramatta next year:

I can think of 3 options for the reporting of the news here:

1. Surely had the Eels signed such a halfback, and it been announced in such fashion, the internets would have got the news to us faster than someone's 84 year old father who happened to watch the game.

2. We're being leaked some exciting news

3. It's a bunch of crap

Actually, I forgot, there's a 4th option

4. The government spies are spreading propaganda to weed out the anarchists (is that right Casper?)

Gronk

Staff member
Could it be Dobson?

I reckon you get the chocolates !

Meanwhile, Dobson?s future has been the subject of much speculation in recent weeks with Salford in particular being strongly linked with the inspirational scrum-half. Hudgell revealed that the City Reds have already had a bid for Dobson turned down by the club and that the Australian has a release clause in his contract which would allow him to fulfil an ambition of returning to the NRL should the opportunity present itself.
?Michael is very intrinsic to what we?re trying to do going forward but the reality is that he has ambitions to play in the NRL again," Hudgell continued. ?He has a release clause in his contract which he would need to effect in the next week and I?ll be sitting down with him later this week. I?m also in regular contact with his agent and we should have an update on the situation fairly soon.
?If Michael doesn?t exercise the NRL release clause then I?ll be speaking to him about extending his contract beyond the end of next season. As a club, we?re not going to let the situation that we had with Scott Taylor re-occur with Michael or any of our leading players. I?d expect to try and agree a new deal with him during the course of this season and if that doesn?t happen then we?ll explore other options.
?Like I?ve already said, Michael is an ambitious player and he?s given us five years? service. We agreed the option clause for the end of this season just to reflect the fact that we?re grateful for his contribution to the club during the past five years.
?There are always rumours about him, not just in Australia, but also in this country as well. We?ve had a big money offer from Salford for Michael which we?ve turned down. It may be that they come back knocking on our door again in the future and it may be that ourselves as a club, and Michael, have to consider that depending on how circumstances unravel. It?s a short career and players have to do what?s best for themselves. Michael will assess his own ambitions and determine the future career decisions he makes based upon that.?
http://www.hullkr.co.uk/on-the-pitc...uests-early-release-as-dobson-bid-is-rejected

http://www.rugbyleagueproject.org/players/michael-dobson/summary.html

article-0-11B3940A000005DC-250_306x423.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts