What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Steve Price to remain as coach for 2014

nrlnrl

First Grade
as suspected and feared by many on this forum !

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...s-dragons-coaching-review-20130913-2tplo.html

Steve Price survives Dragons coaching review

St George Illawarra DragonsLeague News
DateSeptember 13, 2013 - 3:39PM

Brad Walter

Chief Rugby League Writer

St George Illawarra coach Steve Price will remain in the job next season after a review of the club’s coaching structure.

The review has also ruled out the appointment of an experienced mentor such as Tim Sheens, Brian Smith or Neil Henry to work with Price as coaching director or in an advisory role. Price, who extended his contract in April until the end of next season, will now help to finalise the other coaching positions at the Dragons, with Paul McGregor expected to step up from the NSW Cup job to become an assistant.

Weipa Dragon

Juniors
I jumped on this forum because I was hoping that there was something (plus it's really quite funny and passionate) someone said, something to hope for; something to look forward to in the future, well next year anyway. With this news, I am now lost of hope. The only thing I hope is, is that it's unchecked editorial. Not another year, I'll start watching netball. Is this a tyranny that don't listen to her people???????? Have you not learnt from history Dragons board? Remember what happened to Mussolini, dragged through the streets ring any bells?????? Come on.

fedzy

Juniors
I feel sick. I had to walk away this year as I could not handle the way they played. Another year of that I will need to find another sport to follow to pass the time. Brown was never this bad. What is it with doust and sticking to a failure.

Smurf

Juniors
So did Doust say to Price
Well done Steve - you avoided the wooden
spoon therefore we are happy to keep you onboard for
WTF
Not happy !!!!!!

Cagey Mac

Bench
Sophie Mirabella lost her seat in parliament despite having a 9% margin prior to the election and against a tide of popular support for the coalition. She just would not listen to her constituents. She knew better.
Peter Doust just made her look like a political genius
Maybe he's got a bet on with someone at Parramatta regarding who can wreck their club first.

Last edited:

twinkletoes

Juniors
If this report is true..the club is brain dead. Is the management actually concerned with building success. We have a losing culture throughout all 3 grades, the players are shell shocked and have forgotten how to play football. The only possible way forward was to bring in a fresh coach. By the time they wake up to themselves another season will have passed.

Canberra and the Cowboys have made a clear statement when sacking their coaches that they will not accept mediocrity. Our club has sent a clear message to its supporters...We are more than happy to not only accept mediocrity but abysmal failure and we don't care what you all think about how we run the club!!!

hewi

Bench
I'm speechless. Are they blind, stupid, nothing will have changed by round 6 next year. Bloody hell. I'm shattered.

Mr Red

First Grade
as expected a lazy and incompetent board...
Price wont last longer then about 10 games next season, therefore all that has been achieved is missing out on the current opportunity to get a decent coach, and putting the entire club and playing roster a further season behind in development and reducing the gap between us and the top 4 teams..

and to top it all off they are letting Price choose his coaching staff... they have given the keys of the asylum to the lunatics..

Last edited:

Minh

First Grade
Shocking decision, it will be hard to watch another Saints game under Price as head coach.

Steelman

Juniors
I did mention in a thread somewhere not long ago that I heard Prices job as coach was safe unless we got the wooden spoon.
Also that Tim Sheens will be our next coach

saint16

Juniors
I am absolutely gutted with this crazy decision by the Board, they have no idea how to run a football club.

dragonrickjs

Juniors
What the f@&# is wrong with the board and doust?? Are they serious? I can not believe we are going to waste another year!

Big Sam

First Grade
Do you guys have money problems? There are at least 5 coaches available who are better than the chinless one.