What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Steve Price to remain as coach for 2014

Old_Timer

Juniors
If this media report turn's out to be true, then I think the club has deliberately set out to alienate us fans. Our Club management as a consequence therefore, in my view, is beneath contempt, and their removal is essential to any hope we have of any future success.

Minh

First Grade
If this media report turn's out to be true, then I think the club has deliberately set out to alienate us fans. Our Club management as a consequence therefore, in my view, is beneath contempt, and their removal is essential to any hope we have of any future success.

Possibly and fans should vote with their cash and lack of bums on seats. The board has shown contempt it must be because they feel that with the team they have assembled for next year fans will be there in anticipation no matter what.

Gomarchin

Juniors
If Price remains the coach next year then I will protest that decision by not renewing my (family) membership next year! That's 4 x REDV memberships that will not be 'Marching With Us' down the road to the wooden spoon in 2014.

Unbelievable decision.

Gomarchin

Juniors
they keep telling us that the NRL is a business and that it's a "results based" driven business but this board and CEO must be working off another business model because the results haven't been there and the Head (coach) of the football team has his team breaking every unwanted record there was to break this year and EVERY player on the roster playing well below their potential.

HELLO - Mr Doust, are you honestly giving this imposter another year????????????????

Cagey Mac

Bench
My mail indicates that it's true
I couldn't believe what I was hearing at the time given the good news flagged on twitter
Absolutely inexplicable IMO

TruSaint

Referee
Brandy just mentioned that the Eels have offered Henry him a job.
In the same breathe he mentioned that opportunities at other clubs like Saints would be available at the end of next year...
Not saying its 100%, but sure looks like he has the job next year.

mickeylane

Bench
I cant believe what i have just heard....im really numb!!

This is suicide.....f**k my membership.....they can shove it...$225 they wont get off me or my family...the guy is a joke....but now the board has acted criminally and not recognised this dopes inadequacies...

this is bullshit!!!

TonyTrugett

Juniors
I can't believe how shocked everybody is. His contract was extended in April and the dragons don't sack coaches.

st george sam

Juniors
Yea after we beat the Warriors Doust was thinking of extending Price's contract for another 2 years. Equal second last is not a pass mark, finishing in the top 8 is a pass mark!

mickeylane

Bench
Congratulations Steve. A houdini act.

As for you so called board members, where was the review held? How long did it take ? What possible justification could you deliver for this decision?

You are a disgrace, happy with 14th, whilst clubs higher than us strive for glory with hard calls.

Hang your heads in shame!!!.

" Listening to the supporters ehh ?" Which supporters u boofheads

Totally agree!! x 10000

TruSaint

Referee
I can't believe how shocked everybody is. His contract was extended in April and the dragons don't sack coaches.

Doesnt make it make right Tony.
They promised a full review, and ended up with this.
As for us not sacking coaches... maybe we should learn.

Twenty10

Juniors
Honestly, this is a disgracefully weak decision. I know for a fact the players aren't playing for price. This great club has been brought to its knees via weak management still trying to ride the coat tails of 2010. Personally I will not be renewing my membership for 2014. Not a chance. If the club is happy to settle for 10k average crowds, poor membership numbers, poor merchandise sales and more importantly a 0-5 start to the season then they don't deserve our hard earn dollars to support them.

Disgraceful decision.

TonyTrugett

Juniors
Not saying I agree with it but that's the way the club has always done things. It's one ofthe things that attracted Bennett.

TheRev

First Grade
Just the worst news ive heard all year, another sh*t-average season ahead, obviously it wont be as bad as this one, but get rid of this clown.

Any chance for fans to appeal it somehow?

mickeylane

Bench
Its just gets worse!! Apparently as reported in RLW News on Twitter...Price will be given first 4 weeks of next season to prove himself..if not hes gone!!

I mean why on earth would u wait and see if theres a disaster heading our way when u know the guy cant coach!! why let this freak coach our team throughout the pre season and then hope some messiah comes along to fix things up....

Result?? Another wasted season..

This is ludicrous!!!

dragonrickjs

Juniors
I cant believe what i have just heard....im really numb!!

This is suicide.....f**k my membership.....they can shove it...$225 they wont get off me or my family...the guy is a joke....but now the board has acted criminally and not recognised this dopes inadequacies...

this is bullshit!!!

I'm with you mickylane.

They won't be getting my hard earned.

TruSaint

Referee
Its just gets worse!! Apparently as reported in RLW News on Twitter...Price will be given first 4 weeks of next season to prove himself..if not hes gone!!

I mean why on earth would u wait and see if theres a disaster heading our way when u know the guy cant coach!! why let this freak coach our team throughout the pre season and then hope some messiah comes along to fix things up....

Result?? Another wasted season..

This is ludicrous!!!

Mickey, take a few quick shots of scotch, turn off the radio / TV... things will seem better...
Only until the morning mind you lol.

stgill2001

Juniors
I have a membership must say had!! I travel reguarly from adelaide b3cause of the passion I Have for the Dragons but this is just bullshit.. we as fans dont have a say nor do they care my membership wont be renewed nor will my car 13 hrs/ paying for flights to go to games. .price doust and the board.. please go and get f******