What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2014 Jerseys, Logos & Sponsorship Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flapper

First Grade
I think a team like the Titans need a highly "structured" jersey for a while in a traditional format. They pushed the boundaries so far they fell over the cliff.

hellteam

First Grade
Not sure if anyone has posted the full set of Cowboys jersey, I really like them. Look much better in real life than in the catalogue designs I saw earlier. That's one big Toyota logo though. I prefer the away jersey (second from right)

But I think they could do without making the stripes into a chevron - could just be straight accross the chest IMO

00102475-leadimage.jpg

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
Not a jersey but a NQ hoody that is coming out next year

null_zps98f7b9ef.jpg

The lack of yellow gives me a hard on....... And moving to Brisbane at the end of the year, I will actually get use out of one! This colour scheme is what the club needs to embrace for jerseys and merch.

Looks awesome

timka4

Bench
That banding through the middle ruins it imo. The Raiders would have the best jersey in the comp if they kept the bands/chevrons off the chest. Great jersey though!

I agree, why can't they just use the old green jersey. Anyone know why they've added these other colours part of there scheme?

For away/alternate jerseys?

Lambretta

First Grade

The lack of yellow gives me a hard on....... And moving to Brisbane at the end of the year, I will actually get use out of one! This colour scheme is what the club needs to embrace for jerseys and merch.

Yep - a hoody.... in tropical North Queensland. Just what you need
Still, I have to agree - it looks bloody good. Nice work NQ. Maybe they'll sell them to their Sydney fan base.

Oh and Beave - you're moving to Brisbane, not the South Pole. You will still only need one for one week in the year.

Mind you - I say that, but a mate of mine just moved back from Singapore after three years over there. It was the high 20's in Sydney and he was wearing a jacket. I was in a t-shirt :lol:

Saint Doc

Coach
I presume that Raiders jersey is a heritage?

It's using the retro logo, has the premierships embroided, and says "since 1982" under the logo.

I also presume the banding has the names of past players written? Or members?

sheepbender

Juniors
Not sure if this was posted as yet, I know its not League, ease up.. But Id like to see the Warriors do something similar at some point, it would suit them. All the NZ Super Rugby teams have quite good jerseys this year actually..
F40606_CHI-H-SS_FRONT_CMYK-HR.jpg

Canard

Immortal

null_zps98f7b9ef.jpg

The sleeve logo appears to be our old "krazy" font one??

Blackkat

Juniors
Penrith...errrrr...Panthers are offering a trade in price of $60 for your old jersey if you pre-order one of the new. That's $99.95 for a new jersey!!!

Opportunity to get rid of that crayola white design I have folded in my wardrobe :)

Note: not enough posts to attach a link or photo.Grrrr. :crazy:

mxlegend99

Referee
Cheers for posting that. Just ordered the home and alternate jerseys. Will trade an old black one i have and the 2003/2004 away jersey that was never worn.

beave

Coach
That's a good deal. I wonder how this is possible though? Would the club pitch this idea to Oak/sponsors and say 'if you subsidise $X amount for each old jersey swapped out you will then have your name emblazoned over even more jerseys than previously thought'. You would think the jerseys would cost the club $100-120 to buy bulk so it's not like they would be asking for a hell of a lot of coin from sponsors if this theory is in fact the case.

Plus with Gould doing a bit in PNG over the last few years, maybe the old jerseys will be given to people over there as a feel good story which will also get the sponsors some great PR?

Really good stuff by the panthers. I personally like to keep my old jerseys regardless of how heinous they look (90% of our jerseys have been utter trash) but I love the nostalgia and memories (good and bad) they bring. My missus is wild with the amount of old jerseys I have in the cupboard, I just tell her I will get rid of them the day she gets rid of her ridiculous shoe collection........... If she takes the bait I'm f**ked!!! :p

The Great Dane

First Grade
I agree, why can't they just use the old green jersey. Anyone know why they've added these other colours part of there scheme?

For away/alternate jerseys?

What other colours?

Our current colour scheme is the same as our original colour scheme in 1982, the only time we've ever gone away from our original colour scheme was from 2000-2002 when we had the ozemail jersey.

What other colours?

Our current colour scheme is the same as our original colour scheme in 1982, the only time we've ever gone away from our original colour scheme was from 2000-2002 when we had the ozemail jersey.

I think what most people are thinking is this colour scheme.

For the most part, Canberra had unobtrusive ringlets on the sleeve with the white, blue and yellow.

The plain lime is perfect, like this jersey. And it clashes with no one. You played 5 grand finals and won 3 comps in this style.

On another note, amazing how many sports have 'retro' or 'throw back' jerseys. It kinda says to me 'our current clobber is shite, so let's play in a proper jersey once a year'. Hmmm...

Attachments

• Screen shot 2013-11-20 at 9.38.33 AM.jpg
    Screen shot 2013-11-20 at 9.38.33 AM.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 4

DFC005

Juniors
Apparently going to kids out west. So Panthers in one fell swoop can double their branding reach via jersey sales.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts