What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2014 new boys thread!

lingard

Coach
It would be nice for once.

I never understood the way some/most clubs approach trails (and I see the Nines as a different version of a trial). I know everyone is concerned about injuries, but they can happen any time (even pre-season training). Surely the benefit of getting cohesion within the team, and hopefully a winning attitude is much preferred than starting the season on the back of 3 straight trial loses and easing into the season with new combinations.

Maybe that's why I'm not an NRL coach.

Nah, there's probably other reasons as well.

lingard

Coach
I still am undecided if we should go for an attacking forward pack or a hardworking one.We should have the firepower in the backs if our halves fire to score points so maybe defense is the way to go.
I don't want to sound racist but you cant have to many Islanders in one team-It just doesn't work.Even the NZ team has a lot more white kiwis now.

Take no notice of our avatars, Hindy - we're all Islanders on this forum, bro. You wanna be careful what you say.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Tepai is probably the most talented player in the squad however we've not actually seen him at that level consistently...

The waratahs tried to get this kid in their full time squad this year.. Nolan did very well there