What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'14 // R2 // Fri // Broncos 16-12 Cowboys // Suncorp

Round 2: Broncos v Cowboys

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Usain Bolt

Bench
f**k the Broncos. The biggest nursery in the game and they have to leech of the hard work of other clubs.

Go play in traffic.
doUly.gif

Big Pete

Referee
Did my best angry German kid impersonation for much of that second half but the boys dug deep and came up with a well earned victory.

Still a lot to work on and a long season ahead, but the Broncos are showing some positive signs.

I reckon if you polled the average Rugby League fan, what the worst edge in the game would be, Copley/Maranta would shape as a popular choice but they've come up with the winning play on two occasions now. Perhaps they've turned a corner?

Never the less, proud of that effort from the boys and glad we were able to add another chapter to our rivalry with the Cowboys. We've got one of the best in the game and the crowds prove it.

Kiwi

First Grade
Did my best angry German kid impersonation for much of that second half but the boys dug deep and came up with a well earned victory.

Still a lot to work on and a long season ahead, but the Broncos are showing some positive signs.

I reckon if you polled the average Rugby League fan, what the worst edge in the game would be, Copley/Maranta would shape as a popular choice but they've come up with the winning play on two occasions now. Perhaps they've turned a corner?

Never the less, proud of that effort from the boys and glad we were able to add another chapter to our rivalry with the Cowboys. We've got one of the best in the game and the crowds prove it.
I'm wondering if the change in the fitness goals of the team under Corvo is really benefiting guys like Copely, Maranta, and Vidot. All three look leaner, faster, more agile and fitter than in previous years. If they all keep this up Reed could very well find himself the one being dropped for Hodges, and the Coach will have a serious headache when Kahu is fit.

Canard

Immortal
f**ks me off how Broncos fans pretend like the Cowboys are any less than the worst team to ever compete in this cimp

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
f**ks me off how Broncos fans pretend like the Cowboys are any less than the worst team to ever compete in this cimp

It might be because I'm drinking but I really didn't get the context of this post. Are you rubbishing your side or ours?

Danish

Referee
I didn't have a dog in this fight so doesn't bother me either way, but why weren't the broncos penalised for taking longer than 30 seconds to take the final drop out? We were promised that any side taking over 30 seconds would be penalised, no ifs, ands, or buts.

Cowboys should have had a couple tackles from right on the broncos line instead of having to play desperation footy on halfway to end the game. Weak stuff from the refs

innsaneink

Referee
Looked like a strip on the last final tackle

Too hard basket for Cummins = *f**k this ive had enough*

Great game though

Kiwi

First Grade
Looked like a strip on the last final tackle

Too hard basket for Cummins = *f**k this ive had enough*

Great game though
right call was made on the strip when Thurston reached out, you're allowed to strip in that situation, and the right call made after it, no knock on by Thurston and the line drop out.

innsaneink

Referee
right call was made on the strip when Thurston reached out, you're allowed to strip in that situation, and the right call made after it, no knock on by Thurston and the line drop out.
No...the very last tackle, after the drop out, Lui long pass to JT onto Taumololo I think...ball comes free in two man tackle near touchline....he may have lost it, but we dont know cummins didnt think it was important enough, didnt signal anything, left the fans in the dark just blew f/t

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
My team.

The shittest team in the comp for the last 20 years.

Beating us means nothing. We are complete Shit.

I would've thought that is a very harsh assessment and is completely driven by your current emotional state of suffering a loss. Take a moment to calm down and think rationally. Your current squad is nowhere near as bad as say, the Eels 2012/13 or the Tigers for pretty much the last 5 years. Or the Dragons for that matter who I legitimately think will fight it out with the Magpie zombies to avoid the spoon.

Big Pete

Referee
I believe he's talking about Taumalolo.

Would be pretty adventurous to rule that a strip. JT3 was looking to get the ball free and the Broncos went in knowing that so they had their arms wrapped around the ball.

Not the best night for the referees but it would have been a tough game to officiate.

Canard

Immortal
I would've thought that is a very harsh assessment and is completely driven by your current emotional state of suffering a loss. Take a moment to calm down and think rationally. Your current squad is nowhere near as bad as say, the Eels 2012/13 or the Tigers for pretty much the last 5 years. Or the Dragons for that matter who I legitimately think will fight it out with the Magpie zombies to avoid the spoon.

I love how you think that comparing us to recent wooden spooners is some condolence.Keep living your dream mate.

But honestly we ain't Shit.

Last edited: