What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Run-out or walk-out?

Preferred option?

• Total voters

Raiderdave

First Grade
Running out separately is our games tradition

This aint soccer
Nothing like giving the away team the absolute rounds of the kitchen as they come out first

oikee

Juniors
Hehe, forget giving out kitchens Raiderdave, after Canberra's performance at Brookie, you be givin out free tickets for those b-graders. Owned.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Run out separately for regular games. However I do like the walk-out for specific occasions like ANZAC day.

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
For internationals I don't mind the walk out.

SOO and club games though (besides games like ANZAC day where you want it to be more respectful) I prefer them to run out by themselves.

Imagine if they had both QLD and NSW walkout before SOO. The fans wouldn't know what the f**k to do. Nothing like booing the f**k out of the opposition as they run out.

I'm not a fan of both teams going out together for this reason. The occasional game like ANZAC I can handle, but there's nothing better than cheering your team and booing the opposition.

ucantseeme

Juniors
The Sharks have invested in one of those big inflatable mouth tunnels to walk through when they come out to play(a la Dogs). It would be weird if both teams walked through the Shark mouth together. Or with Melbourne running through banners.

Raiderdave

First Grade
Hehe, forget giving out kitchens Raiderdave, after Canberra's performance at Brookie, you be givin out free tickets for those b-graders. Owned.

what are you still doing in here welcher ?

you make a wager
lose it
& refuse to pay up like a gutless worm

what kind of slimebag are you ??[-([-([-(

gypsy

Bench
Get warm ups off the field.
Away team walks on, home team runs like a proud steed.

eozsmiles

Bench
Agree Dave.

There is too much love between opposition teams already.

This is how most fans would see it I reckon. The players don't play any better if they hate each other - probably worse. But the game needs some theatre. The fans hate each other more than the players, so this illusion helps with the hype. Let's everyone boo and cheer at the right times.

Pierced Soul

First Grade
i liked the walking out together on the weekend. reminds me of the old test matches in england where they do/did it

but i dont think it would have the same theatre for club games. and origin needs that hate

but i'm all for getting the f**king warmups off the field

Latest posts