What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Opinion Is Ricky Stuart the most overrated coach ever?

Wizard Sleeve

Juniors
He managed to take a bog average Sharks team to equal first in 2008, that was an impressive achievement.

Not to mention his last noteworthy one.

I remember 2008 well , that's the year that Brett Kimmorley was on fire so Ricky shipped him off to Canterbury the following year only for him to drag their arse up to the top of the ladder as well (equal 1st) . Ditto for Kevin Kingston > Parra ( Grand final ) . Issac Degois >Newcastle ( sharks bought him back later )

Great recruiting Ricky .

2009 last :lol:

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
Wighton is a great young player. Prob not ready for 6 yet, but Stuart is too stubborn to change it.

Campo is the issue. He's like a broken down race horse they keep trotting out. If he were a horse, the stewards would have banned him from running already.

betcats

Referee
I remember 2008 well , that's the year that Brett Kimmorley was on fire so Ricky shipped him off to Canterbury the following year only for him to drag their arse up to the top of the ladder as well (equal 1st) . Ditto for Kevin Kingston > Parra ( Grand final ) . Issac Degois >Newcastle ( sharks bought him back later )

Great recruiting Ricky .

2009 last :lol:

The Sticky effect, everything he touches turns to shit eventually.

betcats

Referee
Wighton is a great young player. Prob not ready for 6 yet, but Stuart is too stubborn to change it.

Campo is the issue. He's like a broken down race horse they keep trotting out. If he were a horse, the stewards would have banned him from running already.

Surely McCrone could do better then Campo if he doesnt want to blood that Cornish yet.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
I'll be interested in what he does when it's clear the raiders are looking at the spoon and milford is going which will probably be on the same date (round 13) it makes sense to me to just bulldoze the plodders (and milf) and start trying to build something a bit different. Milf can play off the bench or something.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
*sigh* for the 2343534th time parra wanted to keep kingston but they couldnt because of salary cap restrictions other players even offered to take pay cuts to keep him but the nrl wouldnt allow it
He was talking about the genius that is Ricky letting Kinga go only for him to have a blinder of a season for Parra while he signed an untalented hack in Corey Hughes. Great judge of talent is Ricky.

millersnose

Post Whore
It seems the Australian test side has not lost a game after the departure of Ricky 'I only need one prop against the kiwis' Stuart

Bench
It seems the Australian test side has not lost a game after the departure of Ricky 'I only need one prop against the kiwis' Stuart

He used that theory in origin to,a Tim Sheens theory at the Weststigers,and look how that worked in the last 8 years.

Snappy

Coach
images

barney gumble

Juniors
Given the cash Stuart was purported to be on at Parra & now at the Raiders, the answer to the thread question would have to be a most definite YES!

dribble73

Juniors
Inherited a good Roosters team, did nothing at Cronulla, Origin level, Parramatta and so far at Canberra. Simple answer, yes!