What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Opinion Is Ricky Stuart the most overrated coach ever?

ACTPanthers

Bench
I'll make it very simple for you , I hated the guy before he was at Parra and tenfold now he's been and gone . It brings me much joy seeing his press conferences now after a big loss at another club especially after Parra have dished up more of what we've become accustomed to over the last few years , it's kind of a sick twisted treat for me . The pressers are almost identical to what I watched last year so now it's our time to enjoy the show just as it was Sharks fans last year , hopefully for you some other club will be stupid enough to employ him after Canberra so you to can laugh at the next club . In a way Parra and Cronulla fans have a little bond , Maybe we are the jilted ex lovers or maybe he's the cheating scumbag but either way we are the ones who've been there done that and you're the new dough eyed young squeeze who thinks they're different .

Think you'll find the reason we enjoy his failure so much is not the fact he left but the whole , not going anywhere , not talking to Canberra , oh wait yes I am going but it's because of my daughters school type crap . Just man up and go champ .

You could also add the never ending book of excuses and IMO the fact he left all of a sudden we didn't get a chance to give it to him whilst he was our coach ( see Kearney , Hagan )

I have no ill feelings towards The Raiders even if they did think they were being clever sneaking in and stealing our contracted ( yes there was a clause but they must have had discussions to find that out ) coach out from under our noses .

Best. Analogy. EVER!!

ek999

First Grade
That was the refs fault.

5RwtNK.gif

THE CHAMP

First Grade
You sound delusional. I suppose you thought Parramatta were a top 8 team last year, too?

I dont expect a top 8 spot this year, the club has gone through too much personel change to expect immediate results. Being realistic about your club is not a common theme on LU, but i like bucking the trend.
This time next year, ill tell you exactly what i think of the job Stuart is doing, because this time next year we'll have a clearer idea of where the club is heading under him.

I think nick might be the last one clinging on. I bluddy hope not but anyway.
You can judge him this time next year if u want nicko but by then he might b coaching in the SL.
People will always take a dislike to someone like Stuart.
That little bitch face, the excuses, walking out on his team after gutting it, speaking copious amounts of bullshit.
Fmdhe didn't pull his team into line because he was concerned the media was going to be mean to him ffs what's that!
With the track record he now has its not going to stop until he's gone permanently as a coach.
What he did lastyear was the last straw for many league fans.
Sure there was a clause there but Stuart probably lied say its only there in case of some sort of emergency. The emergency turned out to b go him being shit.
Oh hang on it was his daughter!?!?
Hes never proven himself as an nrl coach

Last edited:

soc123_au

Staff member
I will put it in a way any Raiders fan will understand.

Ricky, Sharks-Parra-Raiders

Elliott, Raiders-Panthers-Warriors

Only difference is Elliott seems a decent bloke & isn't a sook.

nick87

Coach
And Ricky Stuart has won a grand final as a coach, had multiple finals wins, has won as a SOO coach, and Matt Elliott hasn't won a single finals match... Pretty large disparity between the two, i'd say.

THE CHAMP

First Grade
And Ricky Stuart has won a grand final as a coach, had multiple finals wins, has won as a SOO coach, and Matt Elliott hasn't won a single finals match... Pretty large disparity between the two, i'd say.

In 02 you could have coached the roosters side to a premiership nicky.
It was a gift. An obvious gift.

soc123_au

Staff member

Ricky was kissed on the dick by a fairy with the Roosters side he was handed.

Noname36

First Grade
Michael Hagan won a comp, and apparently he's played a huge role in Qld's repeated success as assistant coach.

Didn't stop him running the Knights and Parra into the ground though.

Very similar coaching career to Stuart IMO although seems a much nicer bloke.

I'm not going to death ride him, a lot of us had been calling for furners head for a few years, and we've gotten rid of him, and have another coach with a different approach, it deserves at least a season

nick87

Coach
Sounds like there is an awful lot of excuses being made.for Stuart's successes. How ironic.

Wizard Sleeve

Juniors
Sounds like there is an awful lot of excuses being made.for Stuart's successes. How ironic.

Besides one origin and one premiership over 10 years ago , what exactly are Stuarts success's? I'm actually curious why he's so highly rated .

nick87

Coach
It's a bit like Hayne. Aside from playing for his country, state and his Dally M medal, what has he achieved?
Silly thing to say isn't it?

Peoples accomplishments are their accomplishments. If you have to exclude them to serve your point, you probably don't have a very strong point. He is a premiership winning coach, he was the last NSW coach to win a series. You can try and exclude them if you want but they are on his record whether you like it or not. He has achieved a level of success in the game few do. You can try all you like, but you can't take that from him.

Latest posts