What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW Team 2014

He has been average mate, well below his best

In SOO we will need guys who can kick us out of trouble and control field position. That is not Roberts.

His creativity is overstated too. He has a good dummy and can find a gap but his selective passing needs a lot of work still

By ok I meant average. Nothing special but nothing terrible either.

He lacks a kicking game and that's clear. That's where Mullen has struggled a bit at Newcastle because all the pressure is on him. A kicking game can be developed though with hard work however.

I watched quite a few of his games last year, he actually had a decent selective passing game last year. He's really good at taking on the line as well and he's got good footwork.

Charlie124

First Grade
art-brent_tate-420x0.jpg

C'mon mate, that's just how Brent Tate shakes hands. I saw him greet his elderly grandmother at the airport like that. He's the angriest man on the planet.

Cheers for the new phone wallpaper though.

Spot On

Coach
you're a f**king moron. ATM we DON'T have ANY halves who are origin standard. Mitchell Pearce has no vision, no running game, no kicking game and all he could do was tackle and that's about it. Hodkinson can tackle, he can kick and he can run the ball but he doesn't have is vision and creativity which is something that NSW desperately need considering that our diffence has been up to scratch, our forwards have dominated but we didn't have is a player who can create opportunities. ATM out of all the halves that are available for NSW, Roberts would have the most creativity and that is why I rate him.

To a limited extent yes I do. Here are two articles where him and the Titans coaches talked about him and how hard he's worked and how fit he got:

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...-his-former-team/story-fni3grk4-1226921378753

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...d-his-nrl-career/story-e6frexsi-1226625110279

I think he's got got people like you summed up pretty well: ?While some of my critics were sitting in their loungeroom, I was doing three extra sessions with (Titans assistant coach) Trevor Gillmeister, but I have to listen to people saying I?m lazy and don?t train hard enough.??

It actually seems like you don't know what the f**k you're talking about. Yes I did see that tackle Morris made on Johnson, what's your point? Morris has missed tackles before?

Good to see you researching little one. There are reasons why Jamal needed those extra sessions to keep him fit enough to stay on the park. And that wasn't the extent of it. He's contradicting himself with that statement.

It actually seems you don't know what the f**k you're talking about. Tyrone Roberts lol.

Spot On

Coach
By ok I meant average. Nothing special but nothing terrible either.

He lacks a kicking game and that's clear. That's where Mullen has struggled a bit at Newcastle because all the pressure is on him. A kicking game can be developed though with hard work however.

I watched quite a few of his games last year, he actually had a decent selective passing game last year. He's really good at taking on the line as well and he's got good footwork.

But yet Origin quality!!

Hmm, back tracking there bra!

Tyrone has a dummy, which is about the extent of his "taking the line on" skills.

Have you watched Tyrone this year?????

Sime_11

Juniors
Reynolds & Hodkinson - NSW halves for all 3 games for 2014. end of story. no one else (unless either pick up an injury)

give em 3 chances, pearcey had 12.

Good to see you researching little one. There are reasons why Jamal needed those extra sessions to keep him fit enough to stay on the park. And that wasn't the extent of it. He's contradicting himself with that statement.

It actually seems you don't know what the f**k you're talking about. Tyrone Roberts lol.

What on earth are you talking about? He did those extra sessions to get fitter, he was an 80 minute player for his entire career! That was his second season at the Titans, the year before he was an 80 minute player for them, he was at the Dogs before and he always played 80 minutes for us too. What planet are you living on son? And how is he contradicting himself?

Go to bed son, you've thought so hard that you've imagined stuff.

But yet Origin quality!!

Hmm, back tracking there bra!

Tyrone has a dummy, which is about the extent of his "taking the line on" skills.

Have you watched Tyrone this year?????

Ummm no I haven't. I don't think origin players should be chosen on form alone but what they offer.

Have you seen his footwork? he's pretty fast as well and yes I have in fact. I've kept an eye on most halves that NSW have. Albert Kelly, Aidan Sezer and Todd Carney are injured, Pearce and Maloney suck, Reynolds offers nothing but a kicking game, sutton no. Reynolds and Hodkinson are solid but offer no creativity which is something we've been lacking. Name me another half that NSW have, besides Luke Brooks, who is more creative than Roberts. Sam Williams would be a contender but he can't even get a gig at 1st grade.

kokz2014

Juniors
Ummm no I haven't. I don't think origin players should be chosen on form alone but what they offer.

Have you seen his footwork? he's pretty fast as well and yes I have in fact. I've kept an eye on most halves that NSW have. Albert Kelly, Aidan Sezer and Todd Carney are injured, Pearce and Maloney suck, Reynolds offers nothing but a kicking game, sutton no. Reynolds and Hodkinson are solid but offer no creativity which is something we've been lacking. Name me another half that NSW have, besides Luke Brooks, who is more creative than Roberts. Sam Williams would be a contender but he can't even get a gig at 1st grade.
Guessed right, but if Roberts is not someone like Jono Thurston then yes it should go on form. In comparison to other halves we need someone like Hodkinson and Reynolds. Luke Brooks would surely be a future prospect for NSW. Sam Williams?? Hmm maybe be good idea to follow the NRL games for more info.

big hit!

Bench
Guessed right, but if Roberts is not someone like Jono Thurston then yes it should go on form. In comparison to other halves we need someone like Hodkinson and Reynolds. Luke Brooks would surely be a future prospect for NSW. Sam Williams?? Hmm maybe be good idea to follow the NRL games for more info.

let's see what form they have without Canterbury's middle third consistently dominating puff cake opposition in the NRL.

form is an illusion.

Binga

Juniors
William hopoate has been called into the blues camp. Does anyone have an injury cloud around them?

Spot On

Coach
Jesus, is Jackson really the best second rower left? Legitimate question.

Mate your 100% correct. He's a midget to boot. No size whatsoever. Solid first grader in an absolute monster pack but can't believe he's next in line for NSW and in front of a guy like Tariq Sims (and others).

Latest posts