What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured/Confirmed Signings and More Crap XVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldmancraigy

Coach
We MUST have a backup hooker who can fill in when Peats is injured.
It is such an important position that most clubs put 2 hookers in their top 25. Why should we be any different?

Of course I just assumed he was top 25. For all we know he is on 50-70k each of the next 2 years.
Most likely the reason he came over to us is the security of an income until he is 32. He faced the prospect of retirement otherwise...

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
It would depend on what salary Pritchard is on for next year. We surely wouldn't carry three hookers in the top 25.

lingard

Coach
Guys, we made a grand final with the spine of Hayne, Mortimer, Robson and Keating/Kingston.

We still have our number 1. We will miss peats but not all is lost. De Gois could shine in a new enviroment, he used to be handy.

I agree.

lingard

Coach
Any one thinking Issac may be past it, just remember Gower had been to several clubs without becoming a regular nrl player. Yet at the eels under Arthur he has been playing very good.

How old would he be now, by the way? I always thought he was a very good hooker.

eel speel

Juniors
Guys, we made a grand final with the spine of Hayne, Mortimer, Robson and Keating/Kingston.

We still have our number 1. We will miss peats but not all is lost. De Gois could shine in a new enviroment, he used to be handy.

Hmmm. You are stating a fact. Makes sense. And I agree

jason taylor

Bench
De Gois probably should be top 25 on ability, but it's based on how much they're paid. Could we have enough room in this year's cap to pay him a top 25 salary?

Maybe for mid year signings it counts on how much they're being paid in total (by both clubs)? It would be interesting to know.

The reason it's important whether or not a player is top 25 is because it determines which salary cap he falls under.

Perhaps he's replacing Harrison's spot in the top 25? Unless that spot was already filled by Semi/Mau/Jnr Paulo.

phantom eel

First Grade
If we have receive cap dispensation for long term injuries to any players in the top 25 (e.g. Peats, Loko), then you'd imagine that allows payments of up to the same amount (pro rata for the remainder of the season) to be excluded from cap calculations. So even though Peats is missing from round 13 onwards his "spot" in the top 25 may still be there, and the cap exemption may mean that the replacement (De Gois) isn't taking that "spot" in the top 25 - even if he is paid more just for the remainder of the season than other players in the top 25 all year?

That would be the only fair way to cover possible injuries to superstars on rep level wages... rather than the too simplistic equation of just filling any vacant spot in the "top 25" spot by whoever is next in the club's salary pecking order. I'd imagine it's all open to change and only gets formalised at the end of a season - hence why breaches and penalties that are only discovered some time afterwards?

emjaycee

Coach
My mail is that we didn't seek cap dispensation from the NRL for Peats in order to sign IDG.

Kornstar

Coach
My mail is that we didn't seek cap dispensation from the NRL for Peats in order to sign IDG.

So from your post now and Staggers post the other day, we have either been lying about being over the cap or we're just going to cop the fine.

natheel

Coach
Other site going into meltdown about mossop wanting to go back home and Sio off to the Dogs...haha

bartman

Immortal
Why the f**k would Mossop want to leave after one NRL game? And Sio can go wherever he likes next year if we haven't made an offer, or if he can get better coin elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.