What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you regret home games moved

mrt_spec

Juniors
I think the WSW strategy makes much more sense, given they have been proven to be very effective administrators - it appears to be a safer bet.

hindy111

Post Whore
BA said 2-3 times after game interview it was the home crowd that kept us in it and helped us win...We don't get the same at homebush

Given we could only draw 17000 odd for a clash against our arch enemies......we aint making any sort of case for expanding the stadium.

Many fans are fickle and pretend to be stupid. They know that Pirtek Stadium only holds 18,000 odd so they don't bother going to big games thinking it will be packed. They also have their femme fatale idiot box 9, Fox or Streaming to complete the makeup of their stupidity. Upgrading the stadium to 35,000 will be a quick fix cause the idiots will bring their femme fatale delusions into the popularity of the Parramatta Eels.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Given we could only draw 17000 odd for a clash against our arch enemies......we aint making any sort of case for expanding the stadium.

I think it's more that the Parra Stadium diehards just want to create an atmosphere by keeping opposition fans away. They'd rather 17k Eels fans at Parra than 35k Eels fans and 15k opposition fans at Homebush. They don't give a f**k about any merkin but themselves.

Parra

Referee
I think it's more that the Parra Stadium diehards just want to create an atmosphere by keeping opposition fans away. They'd rather 17k Eels fans at Parra than 35k Eels fans and 15k opposition fans at Homebush. They don't give a f**k about any merkin but themselves.

Support a team that is based in Homebush if that is your go.

Homebush Rabbitohs or Homebush Dogs are available right now. All the long distance viewing, expensive light beer and Homebush that you want is right there.

Parra

Referee
I don't understand people who whinge about places like Brookvale either. It is Manly's home, they like it, if you don't then stay away.

If generic teams in generic stadia is your go then you are also catered for.

The selfish merkins are the people who just want one-size-fits-all and those who put ego and $$$ ahead of heritage and winning.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Support a team that is based in Homebush if that is your go.

Homebush Rabbitohs or Homebush Dogs are available right now. All the long distance viewing, expensive light beer and Homebush that you want is right there.

I'll support the Eels no matter where they're based. It makes no difference to me; I don't even live in NSW.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I don't understand people who whinge about places like Brookvale either. It is Manly's home, they like it, if you don't then stay away.

The selfish merkins are the people who just want one-size-fits-all and those who put ego and $$$ ahead of heritage and winning.

No, the selfish merkins are the ones who want to lock people out of games because the ground capacity isn't big enough to cater for them.

As for heritage, get your hand off it. Parra Stadium isn't Cumberland Oval.

Parra

Referee
It is in Parramatta and it is built where Cumberland Oval was. The colours matter, the past players matter, the name matters, the home ground matters. Heritage matters.

T.S Quint

Coach

Manly don't even like Brookvale.
That's why they are always whinging to get it upgraded.

Parra

Referee
It's a shithole. But is their shithole. They can turn up if they want. Whinge if they want. Look for cash for upgrades if they want. Don't hear Manly offering to play home games at opposition grounds though.

fish eel

Immortal
It is in Parramatta and it is built where Cumberland Oval was. The colours matter, the past players matter, the name matters, the home ground matters. Heritage matters.

Let's go back to the Parramatta Fruitpickers. Stuff the 'eel'. Fruitpickers is the real heritage.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
It's a shithole. But is their shithole. They can turn up if they want. Whinge if they want. Look for cash for upgrades if they want. Don't hear Manly offering to play home games at opposition grounds though.

That's because Brookvale is big enough for Manly's ten thousand fans.

We apparently have half a million fans across the country (or was it the world?) and nearly a tenth of those are willing to go to the odd game together if we can fit them all in.