What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you regret home games moved

B-Tron 3000

Juniors
I think it's more that the Parra Stadium diehards just want to create an atmosphere by keeping opposition fans away. They'd rather 17k Eels fans at Parra than 35k Eels fans and 15k opposition fans at Homebush. They don't give a f**k about any merkin but themselves.

That's a big assumption to make. Especially for someone who says he doesn't care where the Eels play because he lives outside the state.

emjaycee

Coach
Fish,
I only touched on a part of what i believe our strategy to be regarding upgrading the stadium when I mentioned the fact that playing to 30k+ crowds at Homebush is part of that strategy.

From what I understand, the club wants more people at Pirtek and wants an upgrade to 30k-35k. They have implemented (with the help of the NRL) a number of things that they are hoping will convince the government and VenuesNSW to upgrade Pirtek.

One of those things is the seat warmer program where STH's can advise they are not attending a home game and seats can be re-sold to the public. Part of this is because they can only count attendance as bodies on seats, not sold seats. Apparently the barcode needs to be scanned to count on the days attendance not just the fact the seat was sold.

I reckon the strategy is to fill Parra Stadium as much as possible, get 30+ to Homebush a couple of times a year, get memberships to exceed ground capacity for Pirtek so there are turnaways and use all of these facts to lobby hard for an increase.

Local Goverment is already on-board, winning games will bring crowds and increase memberships and demand for tickets - the only stopping points are $$ and the Parramatta Park Trust (as always).

We have contracts for 2 games a year at Homebush for at least another year, maybe 2 but the games that are played there are ours to choose. I hear there are plans afoot to bring the Bulldogs game back to Pirtek next year and to pick another game for Homebush. Hard to argue with taking the Tigers game away from Homebush, especially if they can get another Easter game and crack 50,000 again.

fish eel

Immortal
Fish,
I only touched on a part of what i believe our strategy to be regarding upgrading the stadium when I mentioned the fact that playing to 30k+ crowds at Homebush is part of that strategy.

From what I understand, the club wants more people at Pirtek and wants an upgrade to 30k-35k. They have implemented (with the help of the NRL) a number of things that they are hoping will convince the government and VenuesNSW to upgrade Pirtek.

One of those things is the seat warmer program where STH's can advise they are not attending a home game and seats can be re-sold to the public. Part of this is because they can only count attendance as bodies on seats, not sold seats. Apparently the barcode needs to be scanned to count on the days attendance not just the fact the seat was sold.

I reckon the strategy is to fill Parra Stadium as much as possible, get 30+ to Homebush a couple of times a year, get memberships to exceed ground capacity for Pirtek so there are turnaways and use all of these facts to lobby hard for an increase.

Local Goverment is already on-board, winning games will bring crowds and increase memberships and demand for tickets - the only stopping points are $$ and the Parramatta Park Trust (as always).

We have contracts for 2 games a year at Homebush for at least another year, maybe 2 but the games that are played there are ours to choose. I hear there are plans afoot to bring the Bulldogs game back to Pirtek next year and to pick another game for Homebush. Hard to argue with taking the Tigers game away from Homebush, especially if they can get another Easter game and crack 50,000 again.

That's exactly right, and it's why some WSW games were sold out, but had 15-16k as the official attendance. They've implemented a sell your seat program this year, so if you can't make a game, you tell them, they sell your seat and you get a credit against your membership.

T.S Quint

Coach

I would love to get to play the Bulldogs at Parra again, but I'm not sure swapping that game at Homebush for another is the right way to go.
The Eels/Dogs game draws good crowds there just about every time - even last week where it wasn't the biggest crowd, it still drew more than can fit in Pirtek.
What other game could bring as many people in to make up for it? Maybe Souths?

Chipmunk

Coach
if the team had there boots on and kicked some goals we would be in the top 4 right now.

Although we have lost games because of goal kicking, I am not sure we would have won any more games across a season.

Every win or loss changes the course of a season and changes the mentality and how desperate a team is to win each week. Had we beaten Manly for instance in Round 3, I'm still not sure we would've won all of the next 3 games, including the Roosters.

Had we been in the top 4 now, I doubt we would've beaten Manly last week. We won last week because we needed the win more than Manly at the end of the day.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Although we have lost games because of goal kicking, I am not sure we would have won any more games across a season.

Every win or loss changes the course of a season and changes the mentality and how desperate a team is to win each week. Had we beaten Manly for instance in Round 3, I'm still not sure we would've won all of the next 3 games, including the Roosters.

Had we been in the top 4 now, I doubt we would've beaten Manly last week. We won last week because we needed the win more than Manly at the end of the day.

Agree 100%

hindy111

Post Whore
Agree 100%

But its silly too say that if you win too many you wont turn up to want to win.
I think when confidence is up from winning you start to play better and win more often.Things just come off cause your playing more relaxed.

My point is the two home games we lost by a goal, at home with our crowd we would of won by 4-6 points.

Lets face it the Canberra game bar the last 5 mins was almost a disaster.
And even last year when we where at home we won 5 games and almost beat the roosters as well.

Parra

Referee
We won last week because we needed the win more

This is some psychology that just has to improve. It happens at a match level and it happens for individuals. The influence of Hayne on this team is enormous and I think it includes this factor. We've seen a couple of games turn this year when the Plane just switches on and does things. Might be a 10 minute stint, just when it gets to the point that it has to be done. And he is brilliant.

The team left it to the second half of the must-win match of the year to "switch on" and then they lapped Manly.

Exciting, entertaining, but something to move past. Winning is a habit, to paraphrase a great coach.