What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2015 NRL Jersey & Sponsorship Discussion

applesauce

Bench
The good clubs get paid by the jersey manufacturers to wear their jerseys.
There's no "bulk buying" there, it's all free gear plus a payment/sponsorship.

The do not get 'free gear'. The clubs still have to buy the jerseys and only get a spare/player.

They get a sponsorship payment for wearing say NIKE but they still buy the jerseys (even the Broncos).

Even the NFL reuse uniforms hence why all clubs have equipment managers. LINK HERE

Do the math, in the NRL 350 jerseys would be used each round, 26 rounds would be over 9000 jerseys used a year. Where do they all go?

Pay attention in the second round to the teams that wear white (can usually still see grass stains) and the Titans main sponsor sticker job as the season wears on (if they keep McDonald House).

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
Noticed broncos still had sporting bet .com on jumper. Even though the name has changed to William hill.

And there are William hill ads on everywhere.

kdalymc

Bench
Lol at using jerseys once or twice.You fool.

And I'm struggling with the fact the someone was paid to design that manly white jersey... Probably one of the worse things I've seen. ANDDDD unnesessary unless they play broncos...

Saint Doc

Coach
I thought it looked pretty good on field. Essentially on field when playing it just looks like a white jersey with maroon shorts, maroon numbers, and some maroon trimming. Perfect.

If I was a fan though you wouldn't catch me wearing one

The do not get 'free gear'. The clubs still have to buy the jerseys and only get a spare/player.

They get a sponsorship payment for wearing say NIKE but they still buy the jerseys (even the Broncos).

Even the NFL reuse uniforms hence why all clubs have equipment managers. LINK HERE

Do the math, in the NRL 350 jerseys would be used each round, 26 rounds would be over 9000 jerseys used a year. Where do they all go?

Pay attention in the second round to the teams that wear white (can usually still see grass stains) and the Titans main sponsor sticker job as the season wears on (if they keep McDonald House).
There were some rather obvious ones out there for seeing that clubs re-use their jerseys. e.g. During our run into the Grand Final in 2010, Brett Morris' number 2 on the Red V was a different font to the rest of the squad for months. If they got new jerseys each round that would have been fixed the following round (and if it was a club without Peter Doust at the helm it wouldn't have happened at all).

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
Knights back of jersey is blank of sponsors

So westrac and sportsbet have obviously not renewed

Lots of blank spots this year across a lot of teams