What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings and even more Crap XXI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
500k for a state of origin rep still playing well is a steal, it wasn't long ago we were paying 350k for a nuffie like Harrison or 450k for an average first grader like Lussick.

If we got Watmough and Sandow for 'only' $500k there's no way we would have had to offer that much for Lussick and Harrison.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
If we let Pauli and Terepo go than Academy has failed -Th end. All the talk about not letting talented juniors go anymore and replacing them with old farts :p

If we let them go it's because we didn't rate them as highly as other clubs. That's all. We had all off season to extend their contracts if we wanted to. If we made an offer and the players chose to test the market there's nothing we can do about that. But at least we got Pauli for massive unders last year and this year. Terepo didn't debut until the year he was off contract (2013), and played quite well that year, so we probably never got value out of him.

But the 'academy' isn't about any given player, it is about the overall value of all internally recruited players to the NRL team as a whole. Most of our 'academy' kids are no older than 21 though - they are still establishing themselves, like most players that age.

byrner

Juniors
Yeah, but that was only for this year. Pou's post was about what we were paying players for 2016. There's no way Watmough is just going to earn $300k less next year than what he is going to be on this year.

With Jarryd leaving last minute we would have front ended a heap of contracts. Meaning we have more space down the track.

Tommy Coco

Juniors
God, I can't wait until Ram realises he is so much better than Parra and we dont deserve his superior intellect and he drops us.

No one likes losing but man, I tell you what, no one likes someone who pisses and moans all effin day.

Bazal

Post Whore
God, I can't wait until Ram realises he is so much better than Parra and we dont deserve his superior intellect and he drops us.

No one likes losing but man, I tell you what, no one likes someone who pisses and moans all effin day.

Hes a conspiracy theorist too, IIRC. He deadset makes more sense when he's spouting chemtrail illuminati bullshit

oldmancraigy

Coach
We are coming second last, not to mention all our lower grades are in the tank and I'm making a fool of myself. :crazy:

Who said the 2 things had any correlation? Aren't they mutually exclusive?
Let me just check the code:

If Ram posts, Ram makes fool of self.
If Eels win, Ram posts, therefore Ram makes fool of self.
If Eels lose, Ram posts, therefore Ram makes fool of self.

Oh no, seems there is some correlation.

TheRam

Coach

Fair enough I see your point and I will try to curb my criticism as much as possible, but geez this club make that damn hard.

I don't mean to give everyone a big downer, but I have had a gut full of failure from a club that should be riding high most years.

The failures are just getting harder and harder to take without venting out. I just don't believe player wise we are heading in the right direction. That's all.

Pricey is going to be on Channel 7 news tonight and no doubt he'll make a fool of himself like you do every time you post on here.

Yep you got it right. pricey shows a membership card which does not have his photo? How many other people do you know have a white square on their club membership card? Maybe he got one of those free ones by Spags?

Real shame that the legend that I cheered for while on the hill at Cumberland Oval continues to make a fool of himself.

strider

Post Whore
Fair enough I see your point and I will try to curb my criticism as much as possible, but geez this club make that damn hard.

I don't mean to give everyone a big downer, but I have had a gut full of failure from a club that should be riding high most years.

The failures are just getting harder and harder to take without venting out. I just don't believe player wise we are heading in the right direction. That's all.

you see Ram - you could have just left it at the first sentence there and all would have been sweet .... but no, you pushed your luck - again :lol:

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
I suppose old habits die hard. :lol:

Don't worry, I have a bottle of port sitting in my bar for when we finally win the big one, good chance it will be vinegar by the time it happens but.

I think we are all frustrated !!!!

I refuse to touch Port. Might have something to do with it having been the only alcohol I could nick from home as a teenager. I still shudder at the memory.

Was it penfolds club port or royal reserve?

I think one bottle was penfolds club. I don't recall any royal reserve. I'm not sure it was the quality tho, more the amount drank on an empty stomach and then the aftereffects. Just a horrible memory.

Although, I seem to have overcome similar memories involving red wine and scotch. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts