What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Footy Show 2015

Someone

Bench
I'm sure it was Johns regarding the foot fault call he was looking away from Gilbert at the floor manager. Either way someone should be booted up the arse - just adds to the perception of the non-league public opinions about players (current & ex).

Not only did it go over the airwaves but the junior players in the studio would have been about 10 at best.

shouldn't surprise anyone really.

if I was in a room with gilbert id tell him to f**k off too.

but yeah, only so much you can expect from an ex footy player. Although I do think joey is 'smart' in his own way, particularly around footy, it doesn't surprise me he would do something as stupid as that.

magpie4ever

First Grade
shouldn't surprise anyone really.

if I was in a room with gilbert id tell him to f**k off too.

but yeah, only so much you can expect from an ex footy player. Although I do think joey is 'smart' in his own way, particularly around footy, it doesn't surprise me he would do something as stupid as that.

Yeah, you are right about Gilbert and I'm not saying Johns was not top-line player (although I doubt the immortal tag) but probably topped up on eckies half the time he was on the field. It is just the guy is cringe worthy as a representative of the game.

forestfan

Juniors
Did anyone hear Johns say ' f**k off' today on freddys pass off

or did i hear that wrong haha

note: see him kill Sterlo and Freddy in the Pass off!

Incorrect

Coach
I could swear Johns is still half cut from a Saturday night bender every Sunday morning when I see him on the footy show. He fumbles through his sentences, butts in when other people are speaking with nonsensical inane comments.

Not upset that he told Gilbert to f&$k off though... Gilbert is one of the most depressing things I've seen and heard on TV in the last few years...

I thought I heard him swear in that pass off segment. A little foolish.

But am glad it was towards Tim Gilbert. How he keeps popping up on the show is beyond belief for me!

Craig Johnston

First Grade
i knew it was going to get competitive before they started, and for me i loved watching that. you can hate him all you want, but i love seeing winners just go into win mode, and how their mind works

El Diablo

Post Whore
he wasn't even watching https://twitter.com/BuzzRothfield/status/604986341948948483

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...unday-footy-show/story-fnp0lyn3-1227378002508

Andrew Johns tells Tim Gilbert to f*** off on Sunday Footy Show

Exclusive By Phil Rothfield
The Daily Telegraph
June 01, 2015 2:17PM

League immortal Andrew Joey Johns has caused a television furore by dropping the F-bomb on live TV yesterday (Sunday).

Johns was appearing on the Sunday Footy Show when he told host Tim Gilbert to ‘f… off’ under his breath during a pass the ball segment.

“We’re regretful and it’s not something we’re proud of,” said director sport Steve Crawley.

To make it worse, junior rugby league players were on the set acting as ball boys for the segment.

The show’s anchor Tim Gilbert said he thought Joey had sworn under his breath.

“It was Sterlo v Freddy and Joey in a pass the ball comp and the producer told me to gee them up a bit for some theatre.

“Joey’s killing them so I said ‘hey what about your foot over the line.’

“And he said ‘oh f**k off’ under his breath – I didn’t know it got to air.

“He’s such a competitive bloke. He wouldn’t want to lose a game of marbles.”

Crawley says he will speak to Johns about the incident this afternoon.

“We apologise for it happening but that’s live TV,”Crawley said.

“Joey will be really dirty on himself for making the mistake when he obviously didn’t think it was going to be broadcast.”

aads

Juniors
"The show’s anchor Tim Gilbert said he thought Joey had sworn under his breath.

“It was Sterlo v Freddy and Joey in a pass the ball comp and the producer told me to gee them up a bit for some theatre.

“Joey’s killing them so I said ‘hey what about your foot over the line.’

“And he said ‘oh f**k off’ under his breath – I didn’t know it got to air."

Gilbert quietly knifing him...

My main problem with the show is that they think look-a-likes is worth doing every single week.
It's just lame and embarrassing. Just do it one look a like when you get a really good one.

I dont need to see pictures of every fat merkin and ginger in the world.

Usain Bolt

Bench
Small talk seems to be the highlight of the Thursday show even thought Big Marn asks the same questions about who's got a gf