What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings and even more Crap XXIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneyBlake17

Juniors
Get Sterlo on the board. Please!

We could only dream for that to happen. He is too smart to join our mess of a club. Sterlo would rather have a stress free job in the media on top of getting handsomely paid by 3 media organisation's than join our rabble

Parra47

Juniors
Sterlo is a VERY smart man and knows the game better than just about anyone. If he ever stood for a position on the board, that would be a HUGE step in the right direction.

Kornstar

Coach
Just saw Sharp on Sterlo, he looked drunk and i could barely understand a word this clown was saying. Foran is as good as gone IMO. Sterlo looks shattered that they have botched this so badly.

He was rambling about signing Gordon and spending 2 million dollars on playing fields. Had no idea about Hoppa not getting 3rd party deals and reckons BA and DA have a robust working relationship. Honestly if this is the best the club can do for a chairman we may as well pack up now.

Your hatred for him clouds your judgement. He was t that bad and considering the only answer anyone wants he can't give it was the best he could do.

Dont get me wrong, the club have f**ked this up big time but I don't think he really did anything wrong there.

On a side note, I would have donated a couple of thousand dollars had he punched that lying, bottom feeding James Hooper. What a smug piece of shit he is!

ash411

Bench
:lol: fine, I'll stop posting anything I get told.
Fine by me.

Because you're not being "told" you're pulling it out of your arse.

I'm quite happy for you to not post what you're being "told".

But you won't, cause then how will you feel like a big man?

whall15

Coach
You reckon he wasn't on the cans before he went on??? Gee whiz i have less confidence in him now than i did before.

I don't know about that but it certainly wasn't a good interview from him. As I said earlier, the sequence of events that he put forward makes zero logical sense.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Your hatred for him clouds your judgement. He was t that bad and considering the only answer anyone wants he can't give it was the best he could do.

Dont get me wrong, the club have f**ked this up big time but I don't think he really did anything wrong there.

On a side note, I would have donated a couple of thousand dollars had he punched that lying, bottom feeding James Hooper. What a smug piece of shit he is!
Hatred for him??? I don't even know him. I remembered him as a great clubman who busted his arse for this great club. And i thank him for that but if you honestly think he wasn't an embarrassment tonight you are easily pleased. He couldn't even get Sterlo's name right a guy who he he played with for over decade.

BennyBoy

Juniors
I'm not sure that I believe Sharp.

He said that there's a standard process in place where contracts are handed over to the board for final ratification and yet when he first became aware of the terms in early June he hadn't seen the contract despite it being finalised in mid-March.

In order for that to be true then the board despite having to ratify the contract let three months go by without doing so or even reviewing the contract despite that being standard practice for the club. I find that hard to believe and if it were true then its gross incompetence.
That had me shaking my head as well, he back tracked very quickly after first saying a contract of that size had to be ratified by the board to then saying he hadn't seen it before it went to the NRL :shock:

Avenger

Immortal
Would love a summary please Craig. No Foxtel here mate.
Ta.

I sent this to stagger, he is out partying. Thank god for cut and paste:

They knew in early June about the clause. Their management meaning Foran's have been very professional. They are trying to get rid of the clause. He is confident that he will commit to us. It is obvious Seward f**ked up and told nobody. Sterlo pleaded that he is our most important signing since the Canterbury 4. He pleaded to Sharp to make it happen and move heaven and earth. Sterlo reckons he is the best young player in the game. Arthur and Ando have a working relationship. Sharp put his hand on his heart and said Arthur will remain coach. There has been no talk about sacking him. During his time at the club He knows nothing about TPA being outstanding for Hoppa. Hoppa has not signed yet. Irvine was sacked because his position was made reduntant. There are factions outside the club that are still trying to destabilise the club. He looked at the camera and said "please give us a break."
That is all I can remember. I feel like Forty20. :)

El Diablo

Post Whore
Hatred for him??? I don't even know him. I remembered him as a great clubman who busted his arse for this great club. And i thank him for that but if you honestly think he wasn't an embarrassment tonight you are easily pleased. He couldn't even get Sterlo's name right a guy who he he played with for over decade.

the only f**k up i heard was from Sterlo who got the club colours wrong

Gazzamatta

Coach

They knew in early June about the clause. Their management meaning Foran's have been very professional. They are trying to get rid of the clause. He is confident that he will commit to us. It is obvious Seward f**ked up and told nobody. Sterlo pleaded that he is our most important signing since the Canterbury 4. He pleaded to Sharp to make it happen and move heaven and earth. Sterlo reckons he is the best young player in the game. Arthur and Ando have a working relationship. Sharp put his hand on his heart and said Arthur will remain coach. There has been no talk about sacking him. During his time at the club He knows nothing about TPA being outstanding for Hoppa. Hoppa has not signed yet. Irvine was sacked because his position was made reduntant. There are factions outside the club that are still trying to destabilise the club. He looked at the camera and said "please give us a break."

That is all I can remember. I feel like Forty20. ��

And like XL/XX, you too are promoted to Legend Status.
Ta mate.

Kornstar

Coach

Sterlo said green and gold, you didn't have a go at him.

I just don't know what you're wanted from him with the questions he was asked? If you want the truth then ask Joely, Jodeci or Stagger.

We were only ever going to get standard answers, which is exactly what you were asking for since yesterday.

Like I said, they f**ked this up and I'm sure they are at least telling some lies but that is the nature of the business and happens in every workplace in the world when there is a monumental f**k up.

If they don't get his signature then someone other than Seward needs to fall on their sword......also something that happens frequently in the business world.

whall15

Coach
only because you've been reading bs in the media

I'm going off purely what he told.

1. Contract with Foran originally finalised in March
2. Sharp only became aware of the damages clause in June
3. Board has a process of officially reviewing and ratifying all large contracts

If the board reviews and ratifies all large contracts then what on earth happened between March and June?

Incorrect

Coach

That is all I can remember. I feel like Forty20. :)

That's a pretty good summary. I would only add that at one point he shifted in his chair somewhat uncomfortably when Sterlo asked him a question, but there was some audible flatulence detected and he seemed fine after that...

Avenger

Immortal
Hooper just said on Sterlo that he reckons Foran will commit and will make his decision in 24 hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.