What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What can the fans do about this shit?

The only thing you can do about it as a fan is stop going to the games, turn the television off, and vote with your feet/wallet.

Or you could go follow Souths.

Last edited:

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
sadly, no club is a democracy, so it doesn't matter too much what us fans do. So long as the dollars from sponsors keeps pouring in, fans will never be important, as we provide little income and are generally harder to keep happy.

innsaneink

Referee
I cant blame past CEOs and coaches for aiming high and thinking positively.
So we failed, yep...as usual...but in hindsight too.
Do we want the opposite....do we want them to say we just wanna make up the numbers?
Do we want them to say nothing, publicize no goals?
We all know its spin and PR...thats the game were in now

MacDougall

First Grade
Do we want the opposite....do we want them to say we just wanna make up the numbers?

Exactly, I don't get the complaints at all. So we set goals and didn't achieve them. There are other clubs that play a part in our destiny too.

The main mistakes that were made were;

1. Letting Austin go
2. Lettin Thompson go
3. Not taking Takairangi

Those three players would have made a massive difference to our roster this year.

BuffaloRules

Coach

Of course have goals and ambitions but expect to get punted if they are not achieved...

Three times in the Top 8 in 15 seasons... a lot of people survived longer than they should have with those poor results to show for it...

Ron's_Mate

Bench
"Our aim is to be in the top eight next year, the top four the following year and in 2016 we want to be in the grand final," he said.

"In 2012 we'll be happy with 10th, then we'll be working towards finishing 15th in 2013. In 2014 we'll white ant the coach as a prelude to sacking him at the end of the season. We'll appoint a new, untested coach for 2015 and that should set us up nicely for the spoon."

macnaz

Staff member
"In 2012 we'll be happy with 10th, then we'll be working towards finishing 15th in 2013. In 2014 we'll white ant the coach as a prelude to sacking him at the end of the season. We'll appoint a new, untested coach for 2015 and that should set us up nicely for the spoon."

As well as release the talent needed in our weak areas just to insure we are really in with a chance.

Tigerted

Juniors
The spoon is inevitable.The 2 teams behind us on for & against have both beaten us & we have hit rock bottom with no light at end of tunnel !!

Magpies Forever

Juniors
This thread was first posted 23/5 and its just about 3 months later and the same cr*p gets dealt to us on the field and by WT coach and management.

The bit that is really grating with me with the season all but ended (thank god as I cant take too much more of this) the NRL squad has not improved much if at all, either as a team or as individuals (with some exceptions). Basic school boy errors - dropped balls, wayward passes, poor kicking and terrible positional play - keeps on at high levels when on the field. What is it? They have a had over 20 rounds to get that basic skill level right and they still cant do it.

I'm sick of hearing we are learning / rebuilding / salary cap etc. Surely they can get that right. If they could get that right I could forgive and accept the learning / rebuilding / salary cap message but they cant.

I'm starting to think this club is terminal. A big shake up is needed but I just dont see the vibe or energy there to accept that this is not good enough. We are sleep walking to extinction.

No major injuries this year either.

Ive held my tongue on Taylor and given him a season to settle but I can say with some certainty now that he has no f**king idea. Not a single player has improved significantly outside Teddy. There seems to be little or no game plan and absolutely no last tackle options. Our captain is disinterested and must be holding his tongue Id say after the Potter fiasco

This club is an abortion and its not going to change for a few years.

Magpies Forever

Juniors
I really want them to get it together but gee I'm pessimistic. I'll still support them and if they fold I wont support any other team, I'll walk away from any interest in the game.

WT have so many issues that need addressing I'm beginning to despair. Supposed lack of money is handcuffing any drastic remedial action on the player and coaching front in present circumstances but something has to be done. NRL dispensation to go over the cap to put the club on the upward pathway?

Tigerted

Juniors
I'm hearing u loud & clear magpies forever.U aren't pessimistic as what uve stated are the facts.We are a f**king joke.There is very little to be optimistic about for 2016.

Taylor is a deadset embarrassment & way out of his depth as an nrl coach & we have numerous players who don't have the ability/grit to have progressed beyond state cup.

We deserve the spoon particularly as we've lost to the knights twice this season.

DanOz

Juniors
There is NO lack of money. Wests are financial. There is only the severe mismanagement of the cap in the Humphries era.