What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If I was the Warriors boss . . .

POPEYE

Coach
Your 100% right in what your saying.

I agree wholeheartedly that they shouldn't have gotten rid of Cleary... And they certainly shouldn't have tried to paint Elliot into something he clearly wasn't.

But it's easy to come out and SAY they need to change the culture... Actually doing it is a whole different matter.

Changing a culture starts from the top... And flows down to the football team.

All the feedback I've seen from the players and from Doyle himself...McFadden has made some fundamental changes to how they train, and has also brought in more accountability to the playing group.

It can't be helped if your missing key components of your squad.

Jim Doyle is completely behind McFadden so that to
Me says he's happy with the change he's making to the culture.

That's a fair summation imo, the greatest asset the Warriors lack is composure, something only a player like Maloney has . . . just his presence alone would have made McFadden appear a supercoach

Rebel

First Grade
Doesn't matter who the coach is. The same stuff happens.

It was only a month ago that we were top four, a premiership chance and there was an article about McFadden and how he wanted to build a dynasty.

Some serious shit has gone down this passed month and it isn't just the injuries.

Diesel

Referee
I wonder if that serious shit is players told their services aren't wanted and others have cracked the shits?

Cold Roses

Juniors
I wonder if that serious shit is players told their services aren't wanted and others have cracked the shits?

It's happened before. No reason to believe it isn't happening again.

If various rumours/stories about the roles played by Iro and Mannering in particular, in undermining Bluey a few years ago are to be believed, then I wouldn't find it hard to believe that they are throwing their weight around behind the scenes again.

eozsmiles

Bench

That's going to happen at every club, every year. Every player knows that they will aloe team mates from year to year. If they sook and perform poorly then they should go on the list too.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
It's happened before. No reason to believe it isn't happening again.

If various rumours/stories about the roles played by Iro and Mannering in particular, in undermining Bluey a few years ago are to be believed, then I wouldn't find it hard to believe that they are throwing their weight around behind the scenes again.

Bluey undermined himself by being a clueless idiot.

Cold Roses

Juniors
Bluey undermined himself by being a clueless idiot.

I don't think there's much doubt that he proved to be a poor choice as coach. Probably only Ozbash would still dispute that :D My point is however, that those people in the club, whether they be players or staff, haven't been able to turn things around on the field since then. Despite the fact they've had a good chance at doing it.

At some point I think the 'Senior Leadership' group at The Warriors need to have a good hard long look at themselves. Or maybe Jim Doyle needs to do it for them. 4 years of failing to deliver on the field is more than enough to my way of thinking.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
How much NRL success have former Warriors coaches had with other clubs? Not much to be honest. Cleary has had less success at Penrith, Elliot was mediocre.

IMO the Warriors can turn it on when they are leading a game but make it close and they crumble.

It is obvious that they don't have succession plan for Johnson which was always going to be dangerous.

Luke and RTS coming to the club next year as well will be draining cap...only time will tell.

--Storm--

Juniors
They could have got Bennett after his Knights reign but that was when the Warriors were on a hot streak and that secured McFadden his job...

Broncos #1
Warriors #10

mxlegend99

Referee
How much NRL success have former Warriors coaches had with other clubs? Not much to be honest. Cleary has had less success at Penrith, Elliot was mediocre.
Cleary was brought in to rebuild the Panthers and has had huge injury tolls in each season since joining us. He won us our first finals match in a decade last year with a huge injury toll aswell. It makes him more successful than anyone else since Lang.

I don't think any coach does better under the same circumstances to be honest. Although the injuries we suffer more consistently than other clubs can't simply be bad luck. Someone in the coaching, training and/or medical staff must be below par. If not several people. Whether Cleary is pushing too hard in training, or not hard enough or not focusing on some area that's important for players recovery and durability or if its other people responsible who knows. But that aside he has done reasonable with the rosters he has available each week. He's pretty much coaching a reserve grade side.