What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Churchill medal

TheVelourFog

First Grade
Instead of asking lounge chair jockeys and media 'experts' poll the players from both sides which player they think was the determining factor in winning the game, get an official to walk around during Nine's add break . . . shouldn't take long to write down 34 answers and do the maths

yeah the losing team will be thrilled to participate

elyod138

Bench
Granville was poor in his second stint, almost all of his passes were around the boots or behind players, he's lucky they weren't dropped.

Last edited:

TheFrog

Coach
someone said Clyde was the most undeserving, if you watch that game he was tremendous... problem is they lost, and Roycie clearly should have won it...

I think Greg Alexander should have won the medal in 1991. It was he who managed the side. Clyde was dangerous when Canberra were on top but unsighted in the second half. Meninga was Canberra's best.

DiegoNT

First Grade
At one point in extra time Lachlan Coote was about to take a shot at field goal.
Now pure hypothetical here, but what if Coote had kicked the winner, was the rest of thurston's game still strong enough to have him get the award?

JJ

Immortal
I think Greg Alexander should have won the medal in 1991. It was he who managed the side. Clyde was dangerous when Canberra were on top but unsighted in the second half. Meninga was Canberra's best.

Yep, Geyer was another who was influential... was a shame, at the time they said they had to make a decision with 10-15 mins left - ridiculous

That was a great Grand FInal imo, real shame that Penrith Canberra rivalry couldn't continue

babyg

Juniors
I'm happy with JT getting it. The last 20 minutes last night was basically the Broncos vs Thurston. Every Cowboys play revolved around him. He lead that team around and set up two match winning tries only for them to be cocked up. Now what did Milford and Hunt do it to win the grand final, kick for touch.

Last edited:

rabbitohs95

Bench
I think DCE was the best on ground in the 2013 Grand Final but he couldn't lead his team to victory, therefore didn't deserve it. Probably should've gone to Maloney or Moa.

Still :lol: