What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Churchill medal

Valheru

Coach
In 2013 when DCE got the churchill we were told that to uphold the integrity of the award DCE had to get it despite being on the losing team. Well for me, that theory has gone out the window tonight as i thought milford was far and away the best player in that game.

I am not hating on JT, he was the best player this year and thoroughly deserves this premiership. I know he didn't award himself the medal but i wouldn't put him in the top 5, possibly top 10 tonight and i think he would agree with me.

I am genuinely interested to know if anyone on here believes he was the best player tonight.

applesauce

Bench
Milford. But JT deserves all the accolades for putting that team on his back the last 10 years.

DeeJ

Bench
It was the best player in his team award rather than best on field, just like when Boyd and Slater won it in recent years.

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
Milford for sure but as if they were going to give it to anyone but JT. Do the same dinosaurs still make the decision?

gUt

Coach
Milford was probably the best player on the field but I thought Granville was the Cow's best.

Munky

Coach
Granville easily IMO, put two tries on a platter for his team mates.

Kept off the field for far longer than he should have been.

Cockosh

Juniors
I rate JT as both a player and personality but he was even less deserving DCE. Apart from kicking a regulation field goal, albeit I'm a gf and under pressure, he did bugger all else. He dropped the ball for the reed try although I thought it was a strip.
The media has their favourites and we the same thing each week for mom awards. Maybe they should let us nobodies vote.

Cockosh

Juniors
I rate JT as both a player and personality but he was even less deserving than DCE. Apart from kicking a regulation field goal, albeit I'm a gf and under pressure, he did bugger all else. He dropped the ball for the reed try although I thought it was a strip.
The media has their favourites and we the same thing each week for mom awards. Maybe they should let us nobodies vote.

Game_Breaker

Coach
Milford was one the left side that let Morgan through to level the score

the final seconds of a GF you can't let that a happen

user_nat

Coach
Milford should have gotten it. But even if they wanted to pick a winning team member, it shouldn't have Thurston.

Was more of a "Congrats on playing pretty darn well for 10 years award"

grouch

First Grade
Granville's sloppy passing in the second half is the reason Thurston had zero time with the ball. And if Kane Linnett could catch JT would have sewn the game up much earlier

Kiwi

First Grade
Milford was one the left side that let Morgan through to level the score

the final seconds of a GF you can't let that a happen

watch the reply, he had Morgan covered, Oates came in leaving the wing open, Oates never got involved in the tackle, he slipped turning when it was to late. Oates stays out and Morgan either dies with it or Oates covers the winger.

Storm13

Juniors
Milford went missing in the second half compared to the first. JT didn't deserve it for that game but no one else was really a stand out to one another.

Game_Breaker

Coach
watch the reply, he had Morgan covered, Oates came in leaving the wing open, Oates never got involved in the tackle, he slipped turning when it was to late. Oates stays out and Morgan either dies with it or Oates covers the winger.

Oates is mainly at fault there, yes, but Morgan still runs outside of Milford to get his arm free for the offload.