What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lafai

Spud 13

Juniors
If its on facebook its true!

After WW3 the survivers will find facebook and it will become the next edition of the Bible!

Exsilium

First Grade
Sign Lafai, Roberts or Copley and you guys will be almost there, shame about that hooker of yours.

Exsilium

First Grade
who let the troll in.

f**k me, sign a decent outside back and the dragons look dangerous again but the service from Rein at hooker is average at best and quite frankly if you can't get the ball there with room to move it makes it a lot harder to apply your skills at centre. right?

Lethal25

Juniors
Did he rob your lunch money at school or something.Have you actually seen him play ?

Not sure if that's even a serious question.

Do you honestly believe lafai is even close to Roberts in ability?

I suppose the question is have you actually seen him play?

V

Vasilevsky

Not sure if that's even a serious question.

Do you honestly believe lafai is even close to Roberts in ability?

I suppose the question is have you actually seen him play?

Lafai will be a depth signing. Nothing more. Aitken and Matautai are better centres.

rainman44

Bench
f**k me, sign a decent outside back and the dragons look dangerous again but the service from rein at hooker is average at best and quite frankly if you can't get the ball there with room to move it makes it a lot harder to apply your skills at centre. Right?

100%

blacksafake

First Grade
If true i'm more than happy he is a good left centre who played on his wrong side last season as well less than 100%. He imo is better than Peter M or Aitken who i think will be a lock in coming seasons. Dont get me wrong i would like to get Roberts but if the rumours are true he will be a good signing.

Lethal25

Juniors
Lafai is a left centre paying on the right and had a injury early in the season, he is more dangerous then both. Depth my ass.

I sit next to a lifelong Dogs supporter at work.

He's happy to see Lafai go and be replaced by Hopoate. Not because he rates Hopoate but he's been watching Lafai for a while and thinks he's average with ball in hand and worse in defence. The split from Dogs supporters is 50/50 on the Lafai release

I'd wager the Titans supporters are closer to 100% filthy that Roberts is leaving.

BennyV

Referee
The stats from 2015 for Tim Lafai

http://www.totalfootystats.com.au/nrl-player-stats/canterbury-bulldogs/tim-lafai

If these are the type of numbers we should get enthused about and look at dropping incumbent players to accommodate him we have to be kidding ourselves.

2015 was an odd one for him. He came off the back of an injury and in the opinions of some, he wasn't fully recovered. Also played on his less-preferred side and didnt see a lot of ball due to the Dogs main playmakers (Hodko and Mbye) preferring to run things to the left for their own skillset as well as the Morris/Rona combo.

But more to the point, the change in game plan due to poorer form of the Dogs forwards affected him. Lafai is a speedster who needs a tiny bit of space and can isolate a winger, either breaking the line himself or feeding to his outside man. The dogs this year didn't give him much space to work with.

Lots of factors contribute to a quiet 2015, but he was one of the top centres in the comp in 2014 and has been pretty good prior to that too. Would definitely be starting him as left centre with Mata'utia on the wing, this coming from a guy who had PM as our top performing centre this season.

rainman44

Bench
I sit next to a lifelong Dogs supporter at work.

He's happy to see Lafai go and be replaced by Hopoate. Not because he rates Hopoate but he's been watching Lafai for a while and thinks he's average with ball in hand and worse in defence. The split from Dogs supporters is 50/50 on the Lafai release

I'd wager the Titans supporters are closer to 100% filthy that Roberts is leaving.

Fair enough, he had a top 2014 season and do not forget we got offered Hoppa first and we said no thanks straight away so its just everyone has different opinions and that is the same with the coaches.

Old Timer

Coach
2015 was an odd one for him. He came off the back of an injury and in the opinions of some, he wasn't fully recovered. Also played on his less-preferred side and didnt see a lot of ball due to the Dogs main playmakers (Hodko and Mbye) preferring to run things to the left for their own skillset as well as the Morris/Rona combo.

But more to the point, the change in game plan due to poorer form of the Dogs forwards affected him. Lafai is a speedster who needs a tiny bit of space and can isolate a winger, either breaking the line himself or feeding to his outside man. The dogs this year didn't give him much space to work with.

Lots of factors contribute to a quiet 2015, but he was one of the top centres in the comp in 2014 and has been pretty good prior to that too. Would definitely be starting him as left centre with Mata'utia on the wing, this coming from a guy who had PM as our top performing centre this season.

Appreciate your comments and anyone can have issues with injury etc however he did play almost every game so your comments re the style of the Dogs etc is probably more relevant.

Notwithstanding that if he needs a bit of space as you suggest how do we provide that with the current halves set up we have which is an old chestnut of mine and of course the forum's old chestnut of Rein's passing out of dumb half?

Are we providing an environment to get the best out of somebody who already had a quiet season or is he in fact the best fit to add to what we already have?

Latest posts