What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fitzy's league Sledge

Typical Fitzsimmons

Is it me, or is there a significant cultural difference between AFL and NRL scandals? In the AFL they seem to be mostly stuff that goes on behind closed doors, only for everyone to reel back in horror, once the door is suddenly opened. But even then they seem to eschew the NRL's predilection for simulated copulation with dogs, shatting in Schlossy's shoe and urinating in your own mouth. In rugby, it was always said, you meet a nicer kind of thug. I reckon in AFL, you generally get a higher class of scandal. On the other hand, the leaguies are winning hands down, when it comes to truly creative, out-of-the-box atrocities, stuff that you and I can't even conceive, let alone try to execute. They have single-handedly expanded the range of human endeavour. Just not in a good way. Thoughts?

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/sport/the-fit...hands-down-20160219-gmyfdf.html#ixzz40aiunSUR
Follow us: @smh on Twitter | sydneymorningherald on Facebook

But does anyone remember this???

Two Australian professional rugby union players have been heavily fined for mistreating a rare species of wallaby during a training camp.
Horse fighting condemned as 'barbaric'
Cane toad golf out of bounds, says RSPCA
Scott Fava and Richard Brown, from the Perth-based team Western Force, were found guilty of mistreating quokkas, a rabbit-sized type of wallaby.

The abuse occurred during a team bonding session on Rottnest Island, off the coast of Western Australia, a week ago.

The animals are docile and extremely tame and in past years have been subjected to "quokka soccer" - being kicked and thrown around by tourists.
Related Articles

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/1571048/Australian-rugby-players-abuse-rare-wallabies.html

Incorrect

Coach
Stopped paying attention to much of what Fitzsimons says/writes a couple of years ago. He just trots out the same stuff over and over... It got to the point where I was checking the dates of his articles when reading online to make sure they were new as I could swear that I'd read the stuff before. They'd be current articles, just the same old 'jokes' or opinions Re-hashed...

The most entertaining part of his Saturday column in the SMH when I used to read it was the Quotes if the Week - which of course is content he actually has nothing to do with...

gUt

Coach
The school girl scandal was just a bit of high class fun.

Fitzsimmons is nothing more than a professional troll, on the same level as Rothfield, except the ABC takes him seriously.

DiegoNT

First Grade
Who the hell picks on quokka's? They are just about the most friendliest wild creature you'll ever find!

Parra

Referee
This is the guy who defended an AFL player's abuse of a young girl by claiming 'but she looked older'.

It's not just the ABC who likes this mouth. He is head of the Republican movement, which says a lot about the people involved and supporting that as well.

DiegoNT

First Grade
This is the guy who defended an AFL player's abuse of a young girl by claiming 'but she looked older'.

It's not just the ABC who likes this mouth. He is head of the Republican movement, which says a lot about the people involved and supporting that as well.

Which afl player abused a young girl?

Heritage XIII

Juniors
Don't forget the St Kilda players who set a dwarf on fire during mad monday celebrations...that was real class, or their immortal player providing drugs to a young lady which led to her overdosing & dying. The theme is more like NRL players make fools of themselves but it's the AFL players who seem to hurt others more than not.

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
His constant defence of the imported game from England and Ireland makes me think he might be a fumbleball ambassador.

No, he's just a big mouth who's allowed to shove his opinion be it right or wrong down everyone's throat whilst his employers at the smh moderate/censor any opinion differing from his.

Brutus

Referee
High class that Fraser Gehrig, pissing on a girl in a nightclub.

Gary Ablett high class heroin buddy.

Brutus

Referee
Fitzhardon pretends to love AFL because it helps with his profile in the non-rugby states.

Latest posts