What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

vs Brisbane Suncorp Stadium 7.50pm Friday 22nd April

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
it does matter that ar is back,whether we use hunt or goodwin or oldfield in the centres or even cody it really wont matter we lost dylan and auvaa is lost and so the pain continues in our backs rotation of misery

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
i thought last week the boys would stand up i was in fairy land,how about on fri nite will i go to fairy land and be a fool again ile always back souths but these boys are not all putting in their proper best.

alien

Referee
well dylan kept going against the rules, so bye bye to him and good riddance. he wanted to play five eighth so he could make more money. i wouldn't have wanted him at five eighth

hunt has been good most games this year, and goodwin has been good in the centres this year. auva'a is good when he is at his best, so hopefully he gets back to his best.

Last edited:

souths_pride

Juniors
The only way Souths will be close to Brisbane is if Reynolds kicking game is on point.

Anything other than that and Brisbane will carve a new one - but if Reynolds can pin them down and stop their returns, esp with the likes of Oates charging on through and providing a good platform, they are a chance.
Not at all. The Broncos are far from unbeatable; the Cowboys are a much more formidable opponent than they are. The Broncos base their game around being defensively sound and immaculately disciplined. The only way to combat that is to much them at it. At the moment, we are far too easy to play against because we give away so many opportunities through stupid penalties and dropped ball. If we do that against the Broncos then they will, as you say, rip us a new one. However, if we stick with them and can keep the scores tight until around the 70th minute mark, then I think the Broncos are capable of imploding due to Ben Hunt's rash decision making.

Other areas of concern are Corey Parker's offloads - we cannot afford to let him get the ball away and create second phase play with three defenders sucked in like we did against the Roosters. Also, I'd be having someone like Kyle Turner do a man marking job on Anthony Milford to preventing him dancing through our defensive line. Lastly, I think James Roberts is a bit suspect defensively, so I think getting the ball to Inglis and having him run at Roberts could allow us to have some joy on the Broncos' right hand edge.

Rsag85

Bench
its a shambles too many positional changes since rd1 - (THE SPINE) cook should be no9 keary should be no 6 reyno at no7 and inglis no1.....we aint got the cattle since 2014 we have half the cattle at present.we need to seriously get rid of the duds and get a few 1st graders are we able too it aint a pretty picture.

At last I agree with you on our spine... feel dirty now

alien

Referee
alright so if hunt and aj are ok to play in this game, my 17 would be:

1. Inglis
2. Johnston
3. Auva'a
4. Hunt
5. Gray
6. Keary
7. Reynolds
8. George Burgess
9. McInnes
10. Sam Burgess
11. Grevsmuhl
12. Turner
13. Carter

14. Cook
15. Clark
16. Tom Burgess
17. Brown

Rsag85

Bench
Broncos: Brisbane got through their 53-0 belting of Newcastle with no injuries to report, but Anthony Milford’s foot might be getting sore from kicking field goals all the time.

Rabbitohs: Fullback Greg Inglis came off late for a concussion test in the big loss to North Queensland and continues to be troubled by an apparent knee injury but he should be fit for the Rabbitohs’ second straight game in Queensland. Alex Johnston is still troubled by a hamstring but is listed to return this week.

DiegoNT

First Grade

1. Inglis
2. Johnston
3. Auva'a
4. Hunt
5. Gray
6. Keary
7. Reynolds
8. George Burgess
9. McInnes
10. Sam Burgess
11. Grevsmuhl
12. Turner
13. Carter

14. Cook
15. Clark
16. Tom Burgess
17. Brown

Actually agree with you on this

souths_pride

Juniors

1. Inglis
2. Johnston
3. Auva'a
4. Hunt
5. Gray
6. Keary
7. Reynolds
8. George Burgess
9. McInnes
10. Sam Burgess
11. Grevsmuhl
12. Turner
13. Carter

14. Cook
15. Clark
16. Tom Burgess
17. Brown
Not so sure how Auva'a keeps his spot over Bryson Goodwin. I'd be very surprised if George Burgess started the game given that at the moment he couldn't catch a cold in the middle of winter! I also get the feeling that Cody Walker could be in for a recall!

Ttime

Juniors
Cody wasn't named in the Bears, nor an extended bench for us.
Wouldn't surprise me if he gets a late inclusion.

souths_pride

Juniors
Cody wasn't named in the Bears, nor an extended bench for us.
Wouldn't surprise me if he gets a late inclusion.
Yeah! Michael Maguire is often guilty of doing a copy and paste job when it comes to naming his teams for the week. What he names on Tuesdays is just for media purposes only and is under no obligation to play that 17!

Latest posts