What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

10k fine coming for Trent

T-Boon

Coach
Exactly Vic, they don't have to explain. Trent is 1-7 and the gloss is coming off his reputation as a coach (even with the injuries it is a strong team). Like all coaches they try to deflect attention onto the ref when the going gets rough.

Bazal

Post Whore
I haven't watched it but I've always wondered why refs have to explain their decision to the players? All the players are going to do is whinge about it and not agree. To me it should be up to the referees to decide when THEY want to speak to the players.

If they want to be respected, they should act in a manner worthy of respecting. It's not about explaining decisions, it's about the way they summarily and rudely dismiss captains.

Maxwell made a good example of it tonight. Smith came up to him and he said "sorry mate, they've made the call and we have to play on but I'll catch you at the next break". He didn't say "go away I don't need you", he treated him respectfully

Cockosh

Juniors
Exactly Vic, they don't have to explain. Trent is 1-7 and the gloss is coming off his reputation as a coach (even with the injuries it is a strong team). Like all coaches they try to deflect attention onto the ref when the going gets rough.

Do yourself a favour a watch the presser. He is very clear that we didn't deserve to win. He wasnt making excuses. He was calling out the disgrace that the saints players dished up and endorsed by Cummins and the bunkum. You think that crap is good for the game?

cleary89

Coach
In fairness he's spot on in regards to refs talking to players. Most of them act like tin pot dictators out there

A year ago people were blowing up because they were too friendly with the players. Can never win.

McLovin

Staff member
Whinge whinge bloody whinge... Bit rich considering his first 2 try's should never had been awarded...

In saying that though, Cummins just came off as disrespectful to Friend...

Bazal

Post Whore
A year ago people were blowing up because they were too friendly with the players. Can never win.

I've always thought they were treating the players like shit tbh. It's not about being mates, but watch the cricket. Or even some of the Rugby refs. They have a healthy camaraderie with the players and it leads to much greater respect both ways IMO

T-Boon

Coach
Basal, if a captain goes up to the ref to complain about a decision he deserves to get sent packing. The ref doesn't have to earn respect.

the seagull

Juniors
Trent, needs to realise he's team is coming last. When you are at the wrong end of the table you don't get any of the fifty fifty callls- ask the knights, the tigers, the titans and the panthers. T he referees favour the fifty fifty calls going to the teams on top of the table- watch the games closely, without bias, and you know that I'm right

Bazal

Post Whore
Basal, if a captain goes up to the ref to complain about a decision he deserves to get sent packing. The ref doesn't have to earn respect.

If the captain approaches disrespectfully then absolutely. But he has the right to question the referee as it stands, yes? So if he is professional about it, what basis does the referee have to just straight up dismiss him other than arrogance?

Cockosh

Juniors

I disagree and that is why the nrl allows captains to approach the refs at the appropriate time. The problem is the refs are consistent in the way they address the various captains. Cam smith is the master manipulator while someone like friend will be shooed away like a child.

sretsoor

Juniors
Trent, needs to realise he's team is coming last. When you are at the wrong end of the table you don't get any of the fifty fifty callls- ask the knights, the tigers, the titans and the panthers. T he referees favour the fifty fifty calls going to the teams on top of the table- watch the games closely, without bias, and you know that I'm right

Isn't that the point he was making? The last three years they were MP's, this year coming last but irrespective, under Cummins through all those years they only won twice in 17 odd occasions which is a massive statistically anomaly when compared across all the other refs. As was mentioned earlier in the thread, can he be find for stating a fact?

Cockosh

Juniors

Umm normally you'd be right but as the minor premiers of the last 3 seasons we finished dead last in the penalty counts.

Maximus

Coach
Shit blokes become refs when they're too skinny and gutless to become a cop

So which ref are you?

The Bunkum

Is this supposed to be funny?

I don't know.. he brought up the win rate under Cummins being far worse than their regular win rate. Kinda implies that he thinks Cummins is the reason for that.

I wouldn't be complaining if I was them.

2016 win rate under Cummins - 50%
2016 win rate in games without Cummins - 0%

After doing everything he could to gift them this game, they should be asking for him to ref every week.

Yep, until dickhead captains show them some respect, they can tell captains to f**k off for all I care.

JamesRustle

First Grade
Two refs out there... does Cummins always have the same partner when reffing the roosters?

Maybe it is a conspiracy by the other refs to make rooster fans despise Ben... those wacky refs and their quirky sense of humour.